Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Woot

which would you rather be?

Blind or Deaf? if you had to choose which would you rather be?

Me i would preferably be deaf, i would still be able to play doom and even better i wouldn't have to listen to people when they want to talk shit....

m0l0t0v said:

Human beings more visually orientated. I predict most people would pick deaf...

I would.

Though I'd miss music more than anything, I guess if I had to choose I'd rather be deaf instead of blind.

A sort of reverse poll of this was done here.

Either way it would be a pain in the ass, but I suppose losing the sense of hearing would be a bit less of a life-changer. Especially with e-mail/text replacing voice/telephone as a primary means of communication.

Fredrik said:

Think outside the box, people.

Ok.

"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball."

fodders said:

Being blind opens up so many ugly women to sleep with that you wouldn't normally though :P

So does beer, and that wears off the next day.

Disorder said:

Missing music will be a huge downer, but I'll go with being deaf.

You can still think music.

Aw shit?
Deafness no music?
Blindness no reading or writing?

Well I'd rather be a guitarist than an author, even though I'm better at that. I'll learn to play by ear. I chose Blindness.

I've never been either, so I can't make a really educated opinion on this.

However, I think I'd rather be deaf because it seems that being blind would limit me from doing a whole lot more. If I were deaf, although it would mean I couldn't hear music and stuff, I could still play sports and things like that, and do regular work that requires eyesight.

Could you imagine being blind on a roller coaster? Hot Shit! If anything; it would heighten the experience.

Grazza said:

So does beer, and that wears off the next day.

:P , I was talking about worse than "7 pints beautiful" though :P

Fredrik said:

Maybe if you're weak-minded.

You may be able to imagine it, but I seriously doubt you'd enjoy it as much as you're able to right now. Besides that, music does more than just appealing senses to an individual.

Thinking music is one thing, hearing it is another in my opinion.

I'd rather be deaf than blind, of course, since I'd rather be able to see and not hear, than the other way around. There's only so many things you can do blind, but you can do plenty of stuff deaf, such as play Doom for example. If you were blind, you'd hear the game, but wouldn't be able to get an ounce of enjoyment of what you were playing, cause obviously you couldn't see it. Playing it deaf is akin to playing it with the sound turned off, with earplugs in your ears so you can't hear anything else.
So yeah, I'd rather be deaf than blind.

Heh, they need to be introduced to a punk or metal show where you can feel the regular guitar in your chest let alone the bass. And deaf people shall mosh.