Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx_resurrected

Yeah this is annoying

Ok, so I cant make zdoom(doom in Hexan format) wads because it can not find any of the textures for some reason or another. I was thinking it may have to do with zdbsp, but I doubt it. It's annoying because everything I make has to be with out any special effects now.

Edit: oh yeah, and the icing on the cake is that it deletes the level. Good thing I didn't go to far in to it before I switched.:(

You wouldn't mind telling us what editor you're using, would you? That might help. :P

What can't find the textures? ZDoom or DB? If it's DB, do you have doom2.wad set as your IWAD (not zdoom.wad!)?

DB cant find the textures when using zdoom. Yes I do have zdoom set as the Iwad when I am editing zdoom maps but it still can not find texture1 and texture2 (basicly all of them).

lupinx_resurrected said:

DB cant find the textures when using zdoom. Yes I do have zdoom set as the Iwad when I am editing zdoom maps but it still can not find texture1 and texture2 (basicly all of them).

Of course it doesn't if you have ZDoom.wad set as your IWAD. It's just a small file that contains additional data ZDoom requires to run. The textures are still in Doom2.wad!

Graf Zahl said:

Of course it doesn't if you have ZDoom.wad set as your IWAD. It's just a small file that contains additional data ZDoom requires to run. The textures are still in Doom2.wad!

I had it on doom2.wad origanally so it should have worked correctly the first time if that were true.

lupinx_resurrected said:

I had it on doom2.wad origanally so it should have worked correctly the first time if that were true.

ZDoom.wad is not an IWAD so you can't use it as one in an editor. If Doom2.wad didn't work for you you made an error elsewhere.

Graf Zahl said:

ZDoom.wad is not an IWAD so you can't use it as one in an editor. If Doom2.wad didn't work for you you made an error elsewhere.

I know I am doing something wrong but I dont know what it is that im doing wrong!