Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Cars in ZooM?!

Recommended Posts

Indeed! Cars in ZooM!



Not that you'll be driving the cars, but being run over by them is a possibility. It's an underdetailed sneak with placeholder cars of a track I'm working on in which you'll run up and down a highway.

More ZooM stuff coming soon.

Just for fun, here's another:

Share this post


Link to post

Haha, those lil' cars are cute. =D

Anyway, it's a cool idea. Sprite cars tend to look rather silly though, but maybe with 16 angles they'd look good.

Share this post


Link to post

Doomkart exists. It's like saying HL2 doesnt exist. It's there, the odds of it coming out are slim at the moment though

Share this post


Link to post
Ralphis said:

Doomkart exists. It's like saying HL2 doesnt exist. It's there, the odds of it coming out are slim at the moment though

If Half-Life 2 was, in fact, an elaborate practical joke, would it have still existed? If so, in what sense?

Share this post


Link to post

I'll be impressed when somebody makes moving cars out of level geometry that don't look like pieces of shit (note: not saying that those sprites look like pieces of shit).

Maybe it has already been done and I'm just not aware of it?

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, those sprites DO look like pieces of shit, since I made them in MS Paint, and they're just placeholders until someone (Scuba/Manc) manages to make real ones.

ravage said:

doomkart ripoff.

I admit it. I'd never seen a highway until I heard of DoomKart. =(

Share this post


Link to post

If you really want cars in ZooM, make a uac_dead style track and include that overturned truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Nanami said:

they're just placeholders until someone (Scuba/Manc) manages to make real ones.

You wouldn't want a car from me? =(

Share this post


Link to post
dsm said:

I'll be impressed when somebody makes moving cars out of level geometry that don't look like pieces of shit (note: not saying that those sprites look like pieces of shit).

Maybe it has already been done and I'm just not aware of it?

I think I've seen it done before.

Share this post


Link to post
dsm said:

I'll be impressed when somebody makes moving cars out of level geometry that don't look like pieces of shit (note: not saying that those sprites look like pieces of shit).

Maybe it has already been done and I'm just not aware of it?

Massmouth 2 had both Zoom-style sprite cars and a sector-based Bus, and there was a sector-based truck in Cyb's unfinished Jason thing.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay well, here's a car model I made. I'm trying to figure out how to make it look any good in-game. I also noticed a bug with using 16 angles that was in EDGE too (which is where the code comes from, it's since been fixed in EDGE).

Share this post


Link to post
Espi said:

Okay well, here's a car model I made. I'm trying to figure out how to make it look any good in-game. I also noticed a bug with using 16 angles that was in EDGE too (which is where the code comes from, it's since been fixed in EDGE).

Did you use the doom palette for the texturing on that model?

Share this post


Link to post

Nope, and it'll be green anyway, to make it easy to use color translations. I'll apply the palette as the last step.

Share this post


Link to post
Ralphis said:

Doomkart exists. It's like saying HL2 doesnt exist. It's there, the odds of it coming out are slim at the moment though

Steal their engine once they make it.

Oh wait, I didn't just say that did I?

Share this post


Link to post
Scuba Steve said:

You guys and your "Three Dimentional" art. Bah, in my day we drew all our stuff by hand!

I do all MY stuff by hand thank you very much!
(My stuff rul..I mean sucks btw).

Share this post


Link to post

woah, that looks MUCH better with the 3d model sprite cars.

Espi: YOU CAN HAVE 16 ANGLES IN EDGE? waht version? is that new for 1.28 or works in 1.27 too? cuz for big stuff, like cars, it makes a huge difference.

P.S. the atmosphere in that game looks all dark and still very doomish, not very... uhh... KART--ish. Is it supposed to be like this? I would prefer a little bit of a brighter atmosphere for a racing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Nick Perrin said:

YOU CAN HAVE 16 ANGLES IN EDGE? waht version? is that new for 1.28 or works in 1.27 too?

Yes, it works in 1.27. The extra angles are 9-G.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×