Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Cars in ZooM?!

Indeed! Cars in ZooM!

Not that you'll be driving the cars, but being run over by them is a possibility. It's an underdetailed sneak with placeholder cars of a track I'm working on in which you'll run up and down a highway.

More ZooM stuff coming soon.

Just for fun, here's another:

Haha, those lil' cars are cute. =D

Anyway, it's a cool idea. Sprite cars tend to look rather silly though, but maybe with 16 angles they'd look good.

Doomkart exists. It's like saying HL2 doesnt exist. It's there, the odds of it coming out are slim at the moment though

Ralphis said:

Doomkart exists. It's like saying HL2 doesnt exist. It's there, the odds of it coming out are slim at the moment though

If Half-Life 2 was, in fact, an elaborate practical joke, would it have still existed? If so, in what sense?

I'll be impressed when somebody makes moving cars out of level geometry that don't look like pieces of shit (note: not saying that those sprites look like pieces of shit).

Maybe it has already been done and I'm just not aware of it?

Heh, those sprites DO look like pieces of shit, since I made them in MS Paint, and they're just placeholders until someone (Scuba/Manc) manages to make real ones.

ravage said:

doomkart ripoff.

I admit it. I'd never seen a highway until I heard of DoomKart. =(

If you really want cars in ZooM, make a uac_dead style track and include that overturned truck.

Nanami said:

they're just placeholders until someone (Scuba/Manc) manages to make real ones.

You wouldn't want a car from me? =(

dsm said:

I'll be impressed when somebody makes moving cars out of level geometry that don't look like pieces of shit (note: not saying that those sprites look like pieces of shit).

I think I've seen it done before.

Heh, cool. It's nice to see some progress going on ZooM, and those little cars are neat :P

dsm said:

Massmouth 2 had both Zoom-style sprite cars and a sector-based Bus, and there was a sector-based truck in Cyb's unfinished Jason thing.

Okay well, here's a car model I made. I'm trying to figure out how to make it look any good in-game. I also noticed a bug with using 16 angles that was in EDGE too (which is where the code comes from, it's since been fixed in EDGE).

Espi said:

Okay well, here's a car model I made. I'm trying to figure out how to make it look any good in-game. I also noticed a bug with using 16 angles that was in EDGE too (which is where the code comes from, it's since been fixed in EDGE).

Did you use the doom palette for the texturing on that model?

Nope, and it'll be green anyway, to make it easy to use color translations. I'll apply the palette as the last step.

Ralphis said:

Steal their engine once they make it.

Oh wait, I didn't just say that did I?

Scuba Steve said:

You guys and your "Three Dimentional" art. Bah, in my day we drew all our stuff by hand!

I do all MY stuff by hand thank you very much!
(My stuff rul..I mean sucks btw).

woah, that looks MUCH better with the 3d model sprite cars.

Espi: YOU CAN HAVE 16 ANGLES IN EDGE? waht version? is that new for 1.28 or works in 1.27 too? cuz for big stuff, like cars, it makes a huge difference.

P.S. the atmosphere in that game looks all dark and still very doomish, not very... uhh... KART--ish. Is it supposed to be like this? I would prefer a little bit of a brighter atmosphere for a racing game.

The maps vary in theme. Some are brighter than others. Plus, this is still early stages.

Nick Perrin said:

YOU CAN HAVE 16 ANGLES IN EDGE? waht version? is that new for 1.28 or works in 1.27 too?

Yes, it works in 1.27. The extra angles are 9-G.