Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joedoom221

Mods in ZDoomGL

Hey I'm reposting this in the question section from the ZDoomGL section because for one, it didn't recieve any response, and second, it's a question. I would have deleted the other post but it won't allow me. Here's the copyed post:

Hey I was wondering how you get ZDoomGL to use mods while in the game. I've tried dragging and dropping the WAD file onto the ZDoomGL executable, but it doesn't work.

Another question, how do you get version 7.45 with MD2's? The old 6.62 version has them... I also noticed that one has options that the other doesn't and vice versa, and it's really frustrating, so if anyone can help, then post please. Thank you.

The new ZDoomGL is programmed from scratch IIRC, so that's why features like MD2 are missing.

That really sucks. Is there any way to hack it? Also, I really want to know the answer to the other question... If anyone can assist.

joedoom221 said:

That really sucks. Is there any way to hack it? Also, I really want to know the answer to the other question... If anyone can assist.

If you so desperately need models go play Quake.
Seriously, thinks like this can't be 'hacked'. If they aren't properly implemented you get ZDoomGL v0.66 (which crashes more often than it plays a map.)

Ok, thanks for the support, there's still a problem though.
I have not yet recieved an answer to my previous question :

How do you get mods to work with ZDoomGL?

Ok, I got ZDoomGL to work with command prompt, but the -(your wad) served no purpose (no I'm not stupid, I did put the real wad name, not "your wad" in parenthesies). Do I have to type the full directory that the wad file is in (it's in the same folder as ZDoomGL) or do I just type ZDoomGL -(my file).wad ? Actually, I tried both of those, neither worked. I put it exactly as follows :

C:\Doom II> ZDoomGL -dethwish.wad

When it loaded, it had no changes that the wad file should have made. I've also already tried dragging and dropping. Another thing that may help, I've gotten the drag and drop to work with only one mod, but no more. I also have version 6.62 (1.22).

You missed the -file. Using your example, the correct way would be:

C:\Doom II> ZDoomGL -file dethwish.wad

Hey sorry, I found out that it'll only work with certain wad files (to think that was the only problem all along :D lol), so anyone can close this now.

joedoom221 said:

Hey sorry, I found out that it'll only work with certain wad files (to think that was the only problem all along :D lol), so anyone can close this now.

That PWAD is for DOOM, not DOOM2. Try it with the -iwad DOOM.WAD (put in the correct path) and it will work. There are 9 levels.