Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

still pink, eh?

Apparently, on Lord FlatHead's (Look, I did it right!) website, I learned that DOOM III's demon is still going to be pink. I can't help but wonder why.....
I'll tell you what, though, those things TERRIFIED me when I was a few years younger and just picked up the shareware version of DOOM. Great stuff.

P.S. Ha ha haaaaa! I finally broke 100 posts! I'll bet half of you thought I wouldn't make it, and be sick of your commentary!

Submerge, you have a postcount of 101 on more then one thread

>>>Preliminary examination:

Well let's take a look at the demon and what it does.

First the physical description.

UPDATE: Estimates on It's height vary between 3.5 and 6.5 feet.

Although shots captured of the doomguy and the demon clearly show the demon being much shorter than the doomguy.

The doomguy is assumed to be between 5'8", and 6'3" tall.

It has three large claws on each foot, which can be used for good traction when charging.

On the front of the body is face with a rather large mouth with plenty of sharp teeth, and a pair of horns which can cause much damage.

>>>Identification of purpose:
Now this obviously means that this creature was designed to kill. It is compact, yet muscular, and can run quickly enough to have sufficient kinetic energy to produce a sufficient force to produce a significant acceleration thus upsetting the balance equilibrium of the doomguy, which allows it to use it's generous mandibular gift to penetrate and lacerate the soft tissues, as well as skeletal system, of our beloved space marine.

>>>Testing:
So in the mathematical representation it would look something like this:

KE(demon)=(1/2)*m*v*v
The mass is assumed to be 175kg (around 395lbs)
V(max) is assumed to be around 7.6m/s

Thus KE=4300J (corrected for significant figures)

For practical purposes we will assume only half of the KE is transferred to the doomguy. After analyzing the body mechanics of a volunteer (read: poor schmuck) it was found that the remaining 2150J performs sufficient work on the torso of the doomguy to in effect, knock him down.

Since no pink demons were available during the testing phase (they were all attending some convention in las vegas) we used another method to simulate the impact of a demon on a doomguy (read: some well paid, but highly dumb schmuck). It was also necessary to sedate the afforementioned schmuck with 1500cc of valium, and 1.5E3 cc of 160 proof scotch.

So back to the impact...we simulated the impact of a demon on the "volunteer" using a pendulem constructed from a refined iron linked aparatus and a solid iron sphere acting as a mass for the pendulem (read: a 16 ton iron wrecking ball on a steel chain) that would, in our mind, accurately simulate an impact that would occur with a pink demon.

Although no experimental data exists (other than that poor schmuck that we hit with the fucking wrecking ball) it is safe to assume that the space marine, also known as the doomguy, will undergo a quite large acceleration. On the amount of 392 m/s/s or around forty g's.

We also noted that each volunteer would only provide accurate testing conditions for one test, because each one had to be peeled off the wall after each test was completed.

>>>Results:
After further testing, provided with a midget in a halloween costume of varying colors we determined that:

1. the color of the costume had no effect on the pain inflicted on the doomguy

2. we should ahve used a pink elephant for this experiment as it would have been a much better stand in.

3. the character known as "Barney" excites an aggression in people, especially those of the scientific community, and leads to inaccurate results because our technicians felt they had to (and I quote) "Cap his ass!"

>>>Conclusions:
So imagine you were just gored by the demon, and your heart and lungs are on the other side of the room, on the floor still pulsing, and the demon is ripping your intestines out, are you going to ask yourself: "Damn...what idiot made this creature pink."

It's between 3.5 and 4.5 feet tall, depending on the height of the doomguy.

Actually it's more like 6'3". It's head alone (full jaw extension) is more than 3.5 feet.

Pink is actually a good color for them ...but it would be a lot better if they darkened it's color or made it closer to skin-tone.

Apparently, on Lord FlatHead's (Look, I did it right!) website...

You will receive your reward in heaven.

I don't think the Demon will be doll-house pink like the original - maybe a brown/pinkish color with plenty of variation in it, thanks to the bumpmaps and specular highlights.

I learned that DOOM III's demon is still going to be pink. I can't help but wonder why.....

cuz other demons think its sexy...the baron is into pink skin too...

>>>Conclusions:
So imagine you were just gored by the demon, and your heart and lungs are on the other side of the room, on the floor still pulsing, and the demon is ripping your intestines out, are you going to ask yourself: "Damn...what idiot made this creature pink."

ROFL. Well, I don't think it's going to be dollhouse-pink too. I'm sure it'll look scary anyhow. But, is this the pigdemon or not?