Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

What the Hell!

What the hell happened to my obituraries? I put some in a bex, and it seems when I got the newest WhackEd and opened the bex with it, they suddenly disappeared! Where did they go? I swore they were in there and when I checked by opening it with wordpad they were suddenly gone!

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF!!!?

Whacked gets rid of them. Perhaps it can be changed in new version, haven't downloaded yet.

The little Engine Configuration dialog tells you the configuration is for Boom. So logically features not supported by Boom will not be loaded and therefore also not saved. The ZDoom death obituaries are is such features.

Hell, there's even a warning on that dialog telling you that unpredictable results could happen if you do not select the right configuration file. That said, WhackEd makes backup files by default (named .bak, should be right next to the new file).

Would it be possible to just load unknown stuff and save it unchanged afterward? That would solve the problem and more importantly, allows Whacked to edit files that contain ZDoom specific settings.

I would have to find a place to store that inofrmation, and also identify it. At that point the step to actually adding the stuff to modify those values is very small. That's why I'm keeping it for a next release.