Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Another Wal-Mart special: Doom

My friend stopped by Wal-Mart lately and told me that there's a special edition Doom pack out in the stores which has Doom 2, Final Doom, and Ultimate Doom in it as well as some scences and footage from Doom 3. All for the low, low price of ten bucks. It might be worth getting for any hardcores out there. More than likely, you can find it at more places than Wal-Mart though.

That's pretty cool, and $10, that's awsome! See, IDSoftware and standard stores of today get along real well and make the Doom Community happy.

I think it's funny that this is for sale and id is still selling their downloads for 20 something a pop.

Job said:

I think it's funny that this is for sale and id is still selling their downloads for 20 something a pop.

Gotta exploit the people who are afraid to go outside.

Being that our Walmart sucks the big one it'll probably be about Doom 3's release before it gets it in. If it's out there though, I'm buying it, since I honestly don't have any actual copies of the games anymore (I used to have Final Doom for PSX as well as PSX Doom, but sold this with my PS1 and then someone stole my Doom 2 disc for the pc, bastards).

Walmarts and Targets have old games all the time for some reason. I saw Dark Forces there 4 years after it came out.

Would this be at the normal Wal-mart or the super center or does it make any difference for computer games?

Probably the super center - though I imagine it'd be at all Wal-Marts, probably even Sam's Club.

There's a Wal-Mart over here; I wonder if...

Well, I was just at a super center, and I couldn't find it. However this super center really sucks, so it may not show up here at all.

$10 is a definate steal for both games plus the TNT/Plutonia addons as well as Doom3 footate.

Hey, I wonder why it is that Half-Life is the mod king nowadays anyway, instead of Doom.... That's not fair. I supoprted Doom on the TI-82 for crying out loud! (And Woflalikes that really WERE using raycaster engines, not like mine which used a basic 3D maze engine) Plus, I have backups of all my IWADs just in case my game disks break... (I just snagged Deathkings! Woot! Well not really but still) I haven't backed up a lot of the PWADs I downloaded yet.

Still, I heard that from a classmate of mine. He was probably going to get it. I thought "(shrug) cool, then I'll show you the Windows source ports and engine hacks so you can play with even more wads" so I told him that.

I am so happy I got the collectors edition!! Great Doom 3 previews!!! If you can Snatch this baby!!

it was the last one on the shelf too :)

Heh, what's in the previews? Anything that's not downloadable content?

Yes. MANY Xbox screenshots! Theres a shotgun guy, a Revenant, a scene with chainsaw guys and zombies laying dead on the floor and some alive. Wow, this is some great stuff! No new PC screens though. The Xbox ones have wayy better content than the PC screens. I was like 'wow look at all this Xbox content!' Even though i despise the Xbox, we get to see new environments and enemies.

Would it be illegal to post it here?

Intel17 said:

I really wanna find a copy of the collectors edition.

Trust me, this is better. CE costed me $20, and came with UD, Doom2 and Final Doom, nothing more, not a figurine, manual, or randomly assorted wads! This is $10 and has Doom 3 footage.

EDIT: I don't think we're talking about the same CE :D

Hehe, I remember seeing the other CE in stores but didnt buy it because it had NOTHING new to offer. This one had a BONUS doom 3 disc. lol

it was the last one on the shelf too :)

Heh, all the 12 year old counterstrike kids have been secretly buying it while wearing dirty brown macs and sunglasses, they DO know a quality game when they see one, theyre just afraid of thier friends finding out and calling them n00bs, except all those friends secretly have the game too..

THANK THE LORDS OF FUCKING HELL FOR THIS INSIGHT!! NOW ALL I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IS THAT THERE ARE "NO MORE COPIES" THEN I'LL SPAZ THE HELL OUT!!!

Khaoscythe said:

THANK THE LORDS OF FUCKING HELL FOR THIS INSIGHT!! NOW ALL I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IS THAT THERE ARE "NO MORE COPIES" THEN I'LL SPAZ THE HELL OUT!!!

I looked in crap-mart I mean Wal-Mart for it and didn't find it. Has anybody see this dealie in Canada? Meh.

Khaoscythe said:

Please don't type in caps.

..............my bad dude...not trying to piss anyone off or anything...name some other places that you'll probably find the DOOM Bundle Pack...I'm itching to find it...

...I'm...twitching...from...trigger fever...must...hold...BFG...again!!

Man, how many copies of the same games (DOOM DM2 FDM) did you bought? It seems that you really like to waste your money.
I love DOOM as much as you, but I find stupid to buy something that you already bought just because it has a diferent box or include just screenshots (not even a demo) of DOOM 3.

Khaoscythe said:

my bad dude...not trying to piss anyone off or anything...name some other places that you'll probably find the DOOM Bundle Pack...I'm itching to find it...

Well, I didn't look there personally, but perhaps GameStop or Best Buy or stores like that might have it. Though it may not be as cheap there.

i went to another wal mart today and there were 2 on the shelf, so i think its a wal mart thing, because they arent at best buy or anywehre else.