Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

'Doom 3 out next month' -- RUMOUR

Gutentag Germans!

Nach langem hin und her stimmt der Neulich bekannt gewordene Termin für Ende Mai also doch. Endlich wird es soweit sein und wir können den Schergen der Hölle gegenübertreten. Warum wir uns vom Planet-Doom3 Team so sicher sind?

Weil in der aktuellen Ausgabe der Spielezeitschrift "Gamestar" für die nächste Ausgabe die am 2. Juni erscheinen wird einige Infos zu Doom3 ankekündigt werden, die auf ein Release nicht nur hindeuten sondern es bestätigen! (Siehe letzte Seite)

Doch nicht etwa nur ein Neuer Screenshot oder ein paar kleine News, nein einen komplettem Hardwaretest ink. Tuning-Tipps und sogar Hilfe für das Spiel wird angekündigt. Evtl. handelt es sich ja sogar um eine Komplettlösung!

Daher sind wir uns sicher das Doom3 Ende Mai in die Läden kommt. Dann heißt es aber schnell sein bevor die "FSK" einschreitet.

For those who don't speak German as good as I do (cough), what it comes down to is this. German gamemagazine 'Gamestar' tells us that Doom 3 will be in stores by the end of May (US). Of course it's still just rumor talk, but they seem convinced. But I also read on a Dutch gaming site that the rumor was confirmed at the annual 'Cebit'. I have no idea what the hell that is, but I assume they're not talking about some spritual hippie get together.

Anyway, draw your own conclusions.

Disorder said:

Daher sind wir uns sicher das Doom3 Ende Mai in die Läden kommt. Dann heißt es aber schnell sein bevor die "FSK" einschreitet.

Well, we have seen somany release dates, one more will not hurt. If FSK = SDK in German than the information seems unreliable. The engine has the editor build in, as we allready know.

But on the other hand, they must release the game sometime!

Disorder said:

Gamestar sucks.

Disorder said:

I'm inclined to think that Doom III will come out some day. We won't know when, speculation won't get us there and it won't get it there any faster.

Zoost said:

If FSK = SDK in German than the information seems unreliable. The engine has the editor build in, as we allready know.

FSK means "Freiwillige Selbstkontrolle (der Filmwirtschaft)", which is a committee of the entertainment industry that gives the game a rating. They probably hint at the fact that Doom3 will most likely be put on the "index" here in Germany, which means that only adults (18+) may purchase the game.

German gamemagazine 'Gamestar' tells us that Doom 3 will be in stores by the end of May (US).

Then I'm buying my own XBOX at the end of May.

Intel17 said:

I think they meant the PC version will be out in may :)

semi-simultaneous release remember?

Id love to get it on PC, but I have a GeForce2, and the xbox has a geforce4 and co-op (not that its so important), so it pretty much decided for me

As people mentioned before here, the FSK ist an agency which gives games and movies a rating.

All I can say about the rumors is:

-That I have been subscribed for Gamestar for years. I do have every single issue of it and I think that if they say they get a test version of doom3 the next month it's about 80% credible.

-The Cebit is the world's largest annual computer fair. I've been around there a couple of times now and you have the chance to get to talk to very important people, if you know where to go (or if you are important enough). Anyways, one of Gamestar's editors says, he was at a booth party one night there, and somebody from the industry told him of doom3, due out on may 30th. They took this date over to their official release list, so I think it's at least a little bit more than just a rumor. For example, they haven't had a release date for Duke Nukem 4ever anymore for several years now.
Well, I guess this information is enough to be (at least a little bit) enthusiastic.

Half Life2 was supposed to come out on my Birthday last year.
I was angry, the the delay flash movies on PlanetHalflife cheered me up. You gotta whatch them man. All of you.

<Skeletor> OMG MY BDAY MONTH
<Intel17> LOL BIRFDAY

OMG L0LZ MY BIRFD4Y IZ THE 20TH ALSO, BUT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MONTH"#!"#¤ LOL

IOW: This is a forum. Please stop using it like IRC.

Shaviro said:

omg Doomboy = id employee.

Heh, don't I wish :D

Lectrix said:

You mean 3 months/years, right Doomboy. ;D

Three more years and it would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too long, of course.
Three months I'd be happy with, just as long as it came out this year :)

Doom millenium will be out before doom 3 remember, ID is just holding back the release till after millenium comes out...

Hey, can I add some more crap to the rumor mill?
I'm not gonna waste any more time trying to read between the lines, but here's and e-mail I just got from GameStop:

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

DOOM 3

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=644930&affid=1

Old Release Date - 7/1/2004
New Release Date - 6/15/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime.
GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible.