Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Green Marine

Yeah, I need help again...

Whats up fellas. Ok here's the deal. I just upgraded the older computer in my house. It was the machine with everything DooM. I guess you could call it a dedicated machine. Anyway, I put Win2000 on it and then started to install programs back on it. The first one I tried was DooM64TC. Its like all gayed up. The textures bend and flex when you walk around, and if youre far away, theyll just stretch into oblivion. I didn't have this prob until I upgraded. Is it the OS? WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!!!???

Do You have the Graphic Cards drivers installed? Go get Direct X.
Perhaps try to write Kaiser/Deathman a mail and he should come up with a solution.

Worked fine for me and I'm on Windows 2000. I use an FX5200 with 56.something forceware drivers. Works just great.

It might be the vid card, I think a Voodoo 3 is insanely old these days and Win2K might not be liking it too much. Damn if I know fior sure, I don't use a Voodoo, but you did say this didn't happen until Windows 2000, and I know for a fact it works fine on my comp with W2K.

I've ran jdoom on a voodoo3 under win2k in the past, so I think you'll be able to as well. Go to http://www.voodoofiles.com/ to get either the latest and last official driver release or one of the many user-created packages. You'll find what you need I'm sure.

Might I recommend the Amigamerlin (or whatever they're called) Unofficial Voodoo drivers. They work like a charm..

Nemephosis said:

It might be the vid card, I think a Voodoo 3 is insanely old these days and Win2K might not be liking it too much

yeah I know but its just the DooM computer so its good enuff.

Good advice guys. The thing is, I tried all that before I got on here. I have directX9 and all the current drivers (current? voodoo3?... he he)

I ended up reinstalling the vidcard alltogether. fixed it.

I believe the voodoo drivers for Win2k dont really exist or are noncomplete. I suggest you replace your video card.

Well, if it came right down to it, Id just go back to 98 cause like I said, nothing but doom junk is on this computer. The rest of the computers here are much faster. Replacing the vidcard would be money invested, Win2000 wasn't. Absolution is running fine now anyhow.
BTW I think the 3dfx drivers at voodoofiles.com are complete, but dont hold me to that.