Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

The Hiatus Has Ended

As the title said, it's been a long time coming, and I have returned. A lot of people wouldn't know what I'm talking about, but that's because I haven't been one to make things too public, except for here and there. Mid-summer '03 I quit mapping, and took an extended break. I picked up again for about half a month, and realized I needed more time on hiatus, and thusly did so, handing Dark Nexus to Iori, who has since taken very good care of my beloved project. Main reasons for basically not mapping since this last summer until now (almost a year) was because of personal problems, and needing to get my shit together. My last year of school is coming to an end, 3 weeks after this week. Alot has happened. New monsters are being made, the Legacy version will have it's own .EXE, and from what I hear the engine's development has come a long, long way. A new story has also been written, one which I think will be more exciting, and because of it there will be a hub of a sort of level only really seen in Doom 64, and rarely in Doom64 itself. So today I've taken about 30 minutes and come up with a few rooms in Doom Builder to see if I still got it, so to speak. I think I still do, and can't wait to begin mapping for Dark Nexus again.

Not bad. The contrast between those center lights and the darkness around them seems a little heavy, but it might just be the screenshot.

Thanks. I can't say I appreciate this being moved here by Liam as it really was intended more as a Journal entry than a thread for wads and mods (I thought I made it personal enough that it qualified to be in my own blog, guess not). You're right about the lighting though, I need to tone it down just a bit, probably make some gradient sectors around it so that its not so suddenly bright (or in other words so it won't clash with the darker light around it.

I'll probably actually release the map this weekend (I'm trying to get it so that I actually release stuff when I say I will now). The map's name is "Damnation and a Day" (after the Cradle of Filth cd, which has been my driving force as I started it today).

Doesn't look too bad...those lite3s like they're a few units too long though.

Also, glad to see you're going to be mapping again :)

Hey man, good to see you back. Unfortunately, I have to take a small break, forced upon me by circumstances beyond my control, for now. I will be back to working on DN in a matter of weeks, but I wont even be near my comp for that time. I will have a few opportunities to get on the home comp in that time, which I will spend updating myself and other people on stuff in general.

Anyway, nice to see ya mapping again, I wanna see some shit on WIP ;)

Looks pretty decent Melfice. Heh, I'm too used to seeing Doom64 themed maps from you :P