Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invaderNny

what would make a good doom 3 mod?

I can't wait to check out the modeling/texture tools that come with doom 3.

what do you guys think would make a good mod?

natural selection would be nice with the doom3 engine

Intel17 said:

Hell, i'd like to have the normal game in my hands but...

ALIEN DOOM3!!

That mod would get foxed less than 1 hour after it was announced.

i would really like a modern warfare game like America's Army or Soldier of Fortune to be created on the D3 engine. I don't think any other kind of mod could beat that. Unless they make another Generations Arena style mod which features all characters and weapons from Wolfenstein, Quake, and Doom. That would rule.

Skeletor said:

dawn of the dead: escape from the mall.

Yes. An apocalyptic zombie mod for Doom 3 would be great. I love the idea of having a town full of zombies, and you somewhere in the middle of it, in an old building. Imagine escaping from that with a couple of friends in coop mode.

I've mentioned this in the past, but a retelling of Doom set nowadays (so with modern settings, weapons, etc) would be great :).

Somebody in the Classic DOOM forums posted something about how it would be cool to make a WAD for DOOM about Phobos, the mysterious marine from Quake III.

Considering DOOM 3 goes so far as to actually show the demon invasion and the base moments before it actually happens, I think something about Phobos (the person, not the moon) would be appropriate and cool for DOOM 3.

Metal Gear Solid except the marines are replaced with zombies, imps and Demons, the ninja replaced with a Cherub, and the other bosses varied creatures increasing in toughness as you go up the levels. Metal Gear will be the Cyberdemon, and it will have ass loads of little demons running around its feet!

Something not done before that does not have modern day weapons in it, but rather some imaginative, futuristic/fantasy/abstract weapons.

Disorder said:

Yes. An apocalyptic zombie mod for Doom 3 would be great. I love the idea of having a town full of zombies, and you somewhere in the middle of it, in an old building. Imagine escaping from that with a couple of friends in coop mode.

hmm...maybe after i finish up learning the basics of programming(which im almost done with), and then go onto learning how to program with graphics API's, I'll start on Dawn of the Dead: Escape from the Mall a couple months or years later. LOL. I'll have co-op in it to.

lol, I'll probably get sued though.

NiGHTMARE said:

I've mentioned this in the past, but a retelling of Doom set nowadays (so with modern settings, weapons, etc) would be great :).

This is already in the making - it's called Doom3 *g*

I would love to see someone doing Hexen III as a Doom3-mod. Seems that Raven doesn't get it done...

Hmm, Team Fortress or a Counter Strike clone using the Doom 3 engine would be pretty sweet.