Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Huge Like <strike>Ling's Mom</strike> Xbox

GamePro has informed us (no really, apparently GamePro knows about DW) of a set of Doom3 Xbox screenshots they've put up. There are twelve in total including the one posted back in February of the fat zombie (or 'portly' if you're an over-sensitive hippy). Aside from the lighting looking weird in some the Xbox version looks like it's shaping up to be pretty decent considering the Xbox hardware compared to a PC Doom 3 is intended to run on. And here's a marmoset for you kids. I'm running out of animals with funny names (and marmoset is only marginally funny). HAHAHAHA OWNED BY LINGUICA this just in: ling smells funny

Wow. The guy on the left in this shot is the only D3 enemy I've seen so far that looks just like one of the originals. I'm guessing he is, in fact the shotgunner?

I'm very surprised. Theses screenshots are alot more brilliant than the things we've been seeing before. Lots of greens, reds and other colours, it does squelch alot of worries about the game being very grey. Plus this is the first shot I've seen of the flashlight in action, very nice. I could see that being a very frightening experience to use.

Omg screenage!

Not only is there some new content not shown in the PC screenshots as well, but.. they actually look better than the first X-Box screenshot shown (and the fat zombie doesn't look as midgitish)

Shaviro said:

Heh, I think it's was the other way around. Seeing as how it appears that the zombie on the left is holding a pistol and the zombie on the right is holding a shotgun. Other than that, though it appears that Shav is right since their fatigues look similar to their sprite counterparts.

Why the HELL are they releasing XBox shots insted of some more PC ones? And there had better not be ANY extra material in the XBox version or I.D.'ll have to deal with me!

The XBox version has co-op and the PC version doesn't. Looks like id will have to deal with you now. Watch out id.

AgentSpork said:

Omg screenage!

Not only is there some new content not shown in the PC screenshots as well, but.. they actually look better than the first X-Box screenshot shown (and the fat zombie doesn't look as midgitish)

Yeah, but the X-box shots are really over exposed in the lighting department; Everything is too bright for my liking. And besids, by the time the xbox version is released, id probabily will have patched doom 3 to have co-op anyway. Seems like its one of there 'later editions' so employees will spend more time working on the game and less time playing it (like they did in quake II)

The models and environment on XBox has alot less polys it seems. Compare pipes and the feet of the pink demons. I just noticed that.

But that's expected, of course.

"The XBox version has co-op and the PC version doesn't"
I.D...DON'T SHOG ME LIKE VALVe DID

Well the Dom 3 beta runs considerably slower on my computer than the HL2 beta, now putting aside the obvious flaws of completely basing a decision on a leaked beta, I'm still guessin' a lot of people are going to have to upgrade. I'm probably going to go up to a 2.x Processor and maybe bring my RAM up to >1 Gb

phatbin said:

Well the Dom 3 beta runs considerably slower on my computer

Doom3 ALPHA. The beta version is the Alpha with a few extra stuff. And Cyb i've seen all those screens on another site ages ago

" Doom3 ALPHA. The beta version is the Alpha with a few extra stuff. And Cyb i've seen all those screens on another site ages ago"

Okay, but I was playing the Beta.

There is no Doom 3 beta.

What's called the "beta" is some moron repackaging the original leaked E3 alpha with some 3rd party maps and new configuration settings that enable the editor.