Weakmind

Election Poll: Bush vs. Kerry

Which president will ya vote for?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which president will ya vote for?

• President George W. Bush
    • Senator John Kerry
    • God I want to die

I made this poll to see how people would vote for president of the U.S... I encourage everyone to participate.. please!

Nah, no yellow jackets for Prez :)

I really don't like any of the candidates. I thought maybe John Edwards would make it to be Pres, but he's out of the running, so....meh.

Bush. No, I'm not a big fan, but Kerry is just an outright scumbag. Please, at least Clinton made his flip-flopping look good, Kerry can't do this even with $1000 haircuts.

The Conscience Act is something I'm not a fan of either. For anyone who's not familiar with it, here's the gist of it: if a woman decides to get a prescription for birth control, be it a diaphragm or pills, etc, the fulfillment of her prescription is subject to the moral discretion of the pharmacist. If he/she doesn't believe you should be taking birth control because they have a moral opposition to it, they can choose to not fill out your prescription.

Moreover, the Clean Air Act actually loosense the standards for emissions that factories have to follow, increasing the amount of airborne chemicals released into the atmosphere. Lastly, in our fun list of misnomers, is the Wilderness Preservation Act, which allows loggers to harvest more trees than allowed by current standards.

I don't care how much of a scumbag Kerry looks like - this type of legislation is irresponsible and so is Bush and his administration. That's something that even all the God-backing he claims to have can't change.

I vote option #3, I'd rather vote someone I like who has no chance of winning than pick out "the lesser of two evils".

gatewatcher said:

Bush. No, I'm not a big fan, but Kerry is just an outright scumbag. Please, at least Clinton made his flip-flopping look good, Kerry can't do this even with $1000 haircuts.

can you even cite examples of what kerry has flip-flopped on outside of one line answers fed to you, or are you just agreeing with whatever republicans tell you?

insert...:
I can't vote, and quite frankly I don't give a shit. Nothing ever happens; I go to a bullshit school in a bullshit city with a bullshit mayor, why pay attention to the country?

What do you mean 'nothing ever happens'? Voting does make a difference. Just imaging if Gore had won the last election and not Bush. Iraq would have not been invaded and 15.000 lives would have been saved...

Second thought:
Gore actually DID win the election, but I suppose it's clear what I was trying to point out :-/

Cyb said:

can you even cite examples of what kerry has flip-flopped on outside of one line answers fed to you, or are you just agreeing with whatever republicans tell you?

Gay marriage for one, he has no single stance, he just says whatever he needs to say at that particular event. Not a big secret.

And you say "fed" in such a demeaning way, like somehow I'm less of a person than you... Hm, oh well, since we're both being fed here then I'm glad I'm not eating the same liberal garbage as yourself =)

Thank you.

Kerry is at least Pro-Choice (as far as I know, he never seems to be too clear on anything) so that puts him heads and tails above Bush. Also, since everyone except the Neocons seem to be against the PATRIOT act these days, that puts him on the choice side of that, so theres another plus. Ah fuck it. I'm just voting for him because he's not Bush.

It makes me warm and fuzzy inside knowing my vote will cancel out Ralphis'...OH WAIT RALPHIS CAN'T VOTE LOLOL

gatewatcher said:

Gay marriage for one, he has no single stance, he just says whatever he needs to say at that particular event. Not a big secret.

He has said he doesn't support gay marriage, but supports civil unions, which is exactly what massachusetts has now. marriage is and recognized by a church (all churches, most often I believe in fact) as well as the state, civil unions are recognized by the state only, and so you get the same benefits (shared benefits from a spouse's job mostly) as with a religious marriage. asking religions to recignize homosexual marriages is pretty much out of the question, and many religious folks (kerry and bush among them) want to keep them traditional.

gatewatcher said:

And you say "fed" in such a demeaning way, like somehow I'm less of a person than you... Hm, oh well, since we're both being fed here then I'm glad I'm not eating the same liberal garbage as yourself =)

I don't mean it to be demeaning, I'm just looking for you to cite an example so you can prove to me you haven't been eating the one-liners dropped by republicans. I'll be the first to admit Kerry is a bit wishy washy on some things; the major selling point of his campaign seems to be that he isn't bush, and he spends a lot of time saying Bush is doing things wrong without really setting out a concrete way to correct them or do it better.

However compared to Bush's current record, which includes a variety of new laws which have lowered enviornmental standards, increased spending, squandering a budget surplus before we even had it, the proposed removal of rights (including adding an amendment which would do so) and lowering of privacy (many parts of the patriot act are boarderline unconstitutional). Not to mention invading a soverign nation under a false pretense, killing thousands in the process (many of them Americans) and then underestimating exactly how problematic it would be after the invasion. And let's not forget getting a good chunk of the world to detest us, alienating us from the UN, well yeah, you get the point I assume.

But no, the fact that Kerry possibly changes his mind once in a while clearly makes Bush the better choice.

Bush does stick to his guns, but he does so in a way that alienates others and for topics that require an open mind and flexibility.

Cyb said:

However compared to Bush's current record, which includes a variety of new laws which have lowered enviornmental standards, increased spending, squandering a budget surplus before we even had it, the proposed removal of rights (including adding an amendment which would do so) and lowering of privacy (many parts of the patriot act are boarderline unconstitutional). Not to mention invading a soverign nation under a false pretense, killing thousands in the process (many of them Americans) and then underestimating exactly how problematic it would be after the invasion. And let's not forget getting a good chunk of the world to detest us, alienating us from the UN, well yeah, you get the point I assume.

Keep in mind there are *some* people in this world who apparently

a) believe we are better off under the most oppressive government possible
b) believe the environment doesn't matter because respecting it hurts profits and that's the bottom line for ANYTHING
c) believe sacrificing everyone's privacy for the ability to preemptively stop even the most minor crimes is perfectly acceptable
d) believe that the current US goal of total global political and economic hegemony is logical, morally justifiable, and desirable

Therefore, while I agree with you on every point you made, some people will still vote for Bush not because they're ignorant or they think he's better than Kerry, but because they actually LIKE the things Bush has done. I personally cannot fathom that, but then most of the tragedies in human history are equally as bizarre.