Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Good Bricks n Metal maps

Other than my QaD set of maps (heh), can anyone suggest some good bricks n metal themed maps? I like these types of maps and I'd love to play some more.

The 10 Sectors Contest wad had some good brick and metal maps.

I'm not much for this self-promoting, but you should try out my "Flay The Obscene" maps...

...and then off course there's Wim Vanrie's "Terrere1", the ever so classical "Tantrum" by Ola Björling and lastly Kurt Kesler's "Kbrick" series and plenty more. I believe Richard Wiles made some cool brick levels too, but can't really remember the names right now.

Chris Hansen said:

...and then off course there's Wim Vanrie's "Terrere1", the ever so classical "Tantrum" by Ola Björling and lastly Kurt Kesler's "Kbrick" series and plenty more. I believe Richard Wiles made some cool brick levels too, but can't really remember the names right now.

Tantrum is great. It have to be one of my favorite maps togther with other great maps.

Your attempt to confuse me by using Arioch's fish has failed.

mostly...

Chris Hansen said:

I'm not much for this self-promoting, but you should try out my "Flay The Obscene" maps...

Yeah, I've got those and I like all three. I really wish you'd do another map or three, Flay the Obscene style.

The two Memento Mori's, Requiem and the Darkening E1 have lots of good bricks 'n' metal maps :).

Other than those already listed

This is a good one. Not extremely detailed but themed brick and metal, nicely done for it's time. 1997.

Filename : BRIKBLAT.WAD
Author : John Bishop

It's a moderately-sized map, with a good challenge. There's more than enough ammo to go around, although health can be a little harder to find.

Much Fun.

DooMBoy said:

Yeah, I've got those and I like all three. I really wish you'd do another map or three, Flay the Obscene style.

Funny you should mention it, because it's my plan to return to -not the series- but the style and create a small-medium sized brick'n'metal level (perhaps with some Plutonia textures thrown in to "spice things up") after I release In A World (which btw is almost finished).

Also, I think you might wanna take a look at "Ropy II" by Tobias Forsberg. It should meet your criteria...

Old, eh? What happened, the metal parts have partly rusted away?

Chris Hansen said:

Funny you should mention it, because it's my plan to return to -not the series- but the style and create a small-medium sized brick'n'metal level (perhaps with some Plutonia textures thrown in to "spice things up") after I release In A World (which btw is almost finished).

Yay hooray

Also, I think you might wanna take a look at "Ropy II" by Tobias Forsberg. It should meet your criteria...

Ropy I and II I have as well, and they are both excellent maps. I wonder why the author only did two...

Yeah, well I can only speak for myself when I say that an author sometimes feels like shifting through various styles to avoid monotony. Of course other authors see this as an opportunity to perfect their style. I think Tobias falls into the first category, like myself.

Chris Hansen said:

...and then off course there's Wim Vanrie's "Terrere1"

Does anyone know where he is? I haven't heard anything from him in well over a year (and no e-mail replies) :/