Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Japanese demo page

I just stumbled upon a page with some demos by a Japanese Doomer.

Includes quite a few NM demos on iwads and some popular pwads. Worth a look, I think. I noticed that he used -turbo on Scythe map28 though. :/

There are some maps there too. One linked to on this page is kind of cute: ELEGY 4. Four small and easy levels, but they remind me slightly of Nulspace. Map04 is fun for Pacifist.

I had said:

Map04 is fun for Pacifist.

Come to think of it, all four are, though the earlier ones are very easy. I did a pacifist movie run (maps 01-04) in 3:05. First exit, unpolished (to say the least), etc.

It's a Doom2.exe-compatible demo. The sky looks a bit of a mess in Doom2.exe and Eternity though, so I'd recommend watching it with a recent version of prboom/glboom.

VIRUS WARNING!

My computer crushed shortly after I downloaded and opened a zip-file from one of these sites this weekend (I think it was a Scythe demo). I had to formate my harddisk and to re-install everything :(

I dunno what happened exactly, of course it can be an unfortunate accident, but I must suggest to be careful.

Uh, might it not simply have been the Sasser Worm? If so, you might as well make sure Windows is patched, or it'll happen again eventually.

Angus Thermopyle said:

VIRUS WARNING!

Eww. I always browse the Internet with very high security settings (no java, javascript, ActiveX, etc., and with wscript.exe and cscript.exe renamed/disabled too for good measure), and so won't notice if a site tries to be "naughty".

If this site was the cause of your problem, I apologize. It doesn't look like a malicious site though. I mean, Doom demos aren't the most obvious way to "hook" people and infect their computers.

It doesn't seem to infect my comp. Btw, many of the scythe demos are "turbo-assisted".

I don't know much about viruses and worms and such. I just read that these things can sit a long time on your PC, doing nothing, and then comes the day when they become active. And this weekend my PC has been the victim. My fault, I should know more about these things and better protect my comp, instead of doing so exaggerated announcements. Embarassing. Sorry for that :(

I get a lot of emails with tasty .pif files...
Which are of course loaded with viruses. I trash these relentlessly.

I also get weird emails with links to some odd pages... but I never open those either.

Recently I even got a fake eBay official email, asking me to "confirm my account" by typing all my info : credit card, bank account, and paypal login/password.
Don't do that are you'll be ruined in no time :)

hi!,I'm a Japanese DOOMER.I'm not so good at English.
Although it's the virus which has been a problem now,
My site carried out virus scan,
however the virus was not discovered.
there are not those who do such a thing with malice by Japaneses DOOMERs.
I will apologize, when our server is a problem.

Please don't misunderstand Japanese DOOMERs.