Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

E1M1 gets remade...again

I remember when someone did E1M2 for Unreal. I was wondering how long it'd be until someone did something like this.

Why the Hell does this guy want to remake E1M9 and TNT map01?

Lolz I see a railgunner!

Anyhoo, I like it, it looks pretty good.

It's very pretty looking, but why not go the whole hog and redo the entire first episode of Doom instead of just doing one level?

Shaviro said:

Now that we are discussing remakes/remixes of Doom maps, check this out:

Lively Complex -- 01
Lively Complex -- 02
Lively Complex -- 03
Lively Complex -- 04
Lively Complex -- 05
Lively Complex -- 06
Lively Complex -- 07

It's a remix of Dead Simple, by me, for Generations Arena.

Pimp :-)
Dead Simple again!? Are you, like, obsessed with that map or something? Anyhoo, those screenies are teh awesome - I can't wait to see what magic you're gonna pull off with Doom 3.
If you're ever gonna need a beta tester for your Doom 3 maps, count me in!

Nice map Shaviro, but I'm confused as to how it's a remake of dead simple? *Last shot loads* Aha, there we go...but why all the industrial style stuff around it? Like the name too. Heh, I'll agree with DSM. I'll gladly beta-test *cough* any map you make. Can't wait to play this as well, Generations this is for...I thought they finished working on that actually?

LorD BaZTArD said:

Nice map Shaviro, but I'm confused as to how it's a remake of dead simple?

Remix, not remake - there's a subtle difference there.

gatewatcher said:

It looks just like the original, making the remake pointless.

I agree. The author should have added a lot more polygons and lighting effects to make it graphically up to par with the other UT2K4 levels.

Heh, i remember back when doomworld had a "pic of the day", there was a run of E1M1 remakes in various platforms, UT, Half life, Duke ect...

gatewatcher said:
It looks just like the original, making the remake pointless.

Yes, god forbid someone should try to remake a level to look a lot like the original, ya know, for nostalgia and stuff.

You know, if someone's gonna make a remake of a doom map, they should use av map20.

I don't see how this map utilizes Unreal's advanced features. I mean, does the nostalgia factor include having no freedom that you didn't have in the original? Hell, it might as well be a Quake map-- or at best HL's DMClassic mod.

It indeed does use Unreal's advanced features... thus you can see it on an Unreal screen shot. Obviously, the guy did it from the perspective of an Unreal editor/player (aiming to catch the style of the original), not of a DOOM editor/player (using Ureal as an excuse to add features not possible in the original.)