Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm having trouble with getting zdoom to run the 'Console Doom' wad (with all the psx versions of the maps and so on). I got the latest 2.0.47 version of zdoom from fileplanet.com and the wad from Doom Depot(doom2.net/~elbryan/doommisc.html#maps). I've tried using jDoom and Doom Legacy but it still doesn't work. Is it that the wad file is disfunctional or am I doing something wrong?

I've always said it's hard to figure out how to download the latest zdoom. The first time I went to lars I was like whoa what the heck is all this crap. Luckily I was on IRC and asked.

BlackFish said:

.47 is not the latest. the latest is .63

http://www.zdoom.org/files/lars/63.cab

Nope. It still doesn't work. Since installing the .63 version zdoom won't even load up and I get a error saying:-

"The procedure entry point_FSOUND_Sample_Load@20 could not be located in the dynamic link libary fmod.dll."

The fmod.dll file is present.

You need a different fmod.dll. The one you have isn't the correct one. I think the one you need is in one of the older ZDoom versions.

Nah I just downloaded 63 into a new folder and the one that comes with it works fine.

DoomUK: Make sure you extract everything from 63.cab into your zdoom folder, making doubly sure to overwrite what is already there.

boris said:

You need a different fmod.dll. The one you have isn't the correct one. I think the one you need is in one of the older ZDoom versions.

I've tried using an older .dll from version .22 but this doesn't work. I've also extracted .63 cab into the zdoom folder and completly overwritten the old .47 stuff.

No, you need the new version of fmod.dll, the one that came with 63.cab. Make sure you have the version that came with 63.cab.

DoomUK said:

extracted .63 cab into the zdoom folder and completly overwritten the old .47 stuff.

Hmm, well I'm stumped then. Maybe delete everything zdoom and then reinstall it?

chilvence said:

DoomUK, what soundcard do you have?

Soundblaster Audigy 2.

2 more questions:

What version of windows

and

Which version of the driver, the WDM one or the VxD one?

chilvence said:

2 more questions:

What version of windows

and

Which version of the driver, the WDM one or the VxD one?

Windows XP Home Edition, but I couldn't tell you which driver. How do I find this out?

If you dont know which ones, you have the WDM drivers because they're the ones used by default. Regardless, thats the correct driver for your system. On Win98/ME though, they cause all sorts of wierd shit to happen

The only other thing I can suggest is trying this version of fmod.dll: http://www.fmod.org/files/fmod372.zip

Thats just a stab in the dark. It might work. Might do nothing at all. Just extract the fmod.dll from that zip into your zdoom folder.

Well, you could try downloading zdoomgl and running it in software mode (basically the same as zdoom).