Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darkhaven4

jDoom 3D Floors?

How exactly do you do a 3D Floor / self referencing sector in jDoom?

E.G. Doom 64 map01, map22...etc.

The "3D floors" in Doom 64 TC are fake. They're done by moving silent lifts when the player approaches them, thus creating the illusion of 3D rooms.

I may be wrong. I believe I read this at Doom Depot.

Darkhaven4 said:

How exactly do you do a 3D Floor / self referencing sector in jDoom?

E.G. Doom 64 map01, map22...etc.

with some GL ports, if you have a sector with a sky ceiling and another sector inside that has F_SKY as its ceiling texture, and you lower it almost all the way to the floor, you would be able to see through it, without no "sky void". I call this the cloaking effect, since this allows you to make pillars invisible, so lets say if you got a 256 tall room, and have a sector lowered from the ceiling with a normal ceiling texture with a height of 96, have another sector with f_sky as the ceiling texture lowered to about 128 (surrounding the 96 height sector). When you load up zdoomgl etc, you would see that a part of that 96 height sector has been covered up and can see though it without any homs. This gives that 3d effect.

Jdoom however is a different story. Its renderer makes it difficult to achive this and requires to make the cloaking sector self-reference, plus have another sky sector covering up the cloaking sector as well to prevent sky holes/voids. So this requires two layers of sectors covering up the effected sector.

confused?