Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildweasel

WildWeasel's Doom Armory

Since I don't believe that Doom weapon mods get much recognition, I've started my own Doom weapon mods site. This site currently contains reviews and links to weapon mods other people have created, and in the future it will have tutorials for creating your own mod. You can find the Doom Armory at http://doomarmory.tripod.com/ - and apologies for posting this after having emailed it, but I'd like to see this as news on the front page so I'll at least get SOME recognition for my efforts.

One question, however - what would it take to get hosted on Doomworld?

wildweasel-r3000 said:

One question, however - what would it take to get hosted on Doomworld?

A good website and a better project.

You should find the weapons mod for Nark's DM project, Desctruction DM I think it was called...He released them for everybody to use but personally I haven't found them again.

Also, how about some screenshots?

Aren't there any weapon mods with totally NEW weapons, by the way? Those in Alien TC and All Hell Is Breaking Loose, were those brand new?

Steve: I don't intend any kind of rip-off from you. I'll be sure to link to you at some point.

BlackFish said:

nice biased reviews you got there.

How am I biased? I gave your mod a fair review and merely mentioned that I didn't like Counter-Strike that much.

What you should do is make a better site than mine and host all my stuff... the Weapons Emporium sucks something awful.

You should probably get a new soundcard. The sounds in Counter-Doom are unbeleivably high-quality and with a good sound card are extremely clear in game. There's no hissing whatsoever.

Also, clarify the title of Immoral Conduct- there are two versions, Immoral conduct and Immoral Conduct SE(special edition), special edition is the much much better version.

P.S. Add more weapon mods! Make sure you add the first complete weapons mod, nightmare squad!

Nick Perrin said:

P.S. Add more weapon mods! Make sure you add the first complete weapons mod, nightmare squad!

Don't forget Pilottobombadeer's Locked and Load series.

DooMBoy said:

Those remove MyDoom virus ads are sweet

Yeah, all fucking 9 of them.

Tripod is a god damn joke.

I can't figure out how to remove the MyDoom ads, because Tripod screws up the HTML to a point in which I can't read it. Also, I have top-of-the-line headphones and a Sound Blaster Live card, and Counter-Doom's sounds have hissing. Not THAT much hissing, but still hissing.

EDIT: And by the way, any suggestions on a better place I can upload the site are very welcome. Geocities and Freewebs need not apply.

After looking at the page source, all I can say is...uuuuuuug-LYY!

At least 9/10ths of all that is nothing but code for the ads. After deleting it all (I saved it to a text file), it left enough code to fit in my windowed Notepad, and even that is needlessly complicated.

Yes, Tripod is indeed a joke. No wonder it takes so long to load the page.

Yes, thank you Ichor, O Mighty Forum Moderator Person, I noticed that. =P

Here I tried to remove that code, and when I went to upload the page again, it added a FOURTH banner. I wish I had a better host.

Yeah, I have Blau.wad, it's on my queue of wads to review. I'll tell you now, though, I think it's a good wad. Just wait for the review to see my final score.

i have some web space available from my college for webhosting. If you send me all of the appropriate html files and such then i can host your page, or at least mirror it.

You can respond here or email me at cpm0153@sjfc.edu

And yes this is my first post, but i have been lurking for awhile.

MaximusNukeage said:

OMFG poups popups popups

What do you want for it being Tripod?

MaximusNukeage said:

OMFG poups popups popups

Where? I see banners but no popup. Perhaps my browser blocks them.