Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LorD BaZTArD

Final Fantasy Music - In an unexpected way

Just reading that familiar song thread, somehow reminded me of final fantasy music...don't ask how I made that logic jump. I'm not quite sure myself. Anyway, sometime last month I was reading Penny Arcade when Tycho mentioned a side project of the famed FF composer Nobuo Uematsu. I was curious and checked it out.

It turns out that the Black Mages are a cover band. With Nobuo as one of the bands keyboardists. What do they cover? Final Fantasy songs as Metal. I quickly grabbed all of them. I strongly recommend anyone who likes the Final Fantasy games to have a listen.

While I'm at it, I'm wondering if anyone else has heard these, and what they think of them?

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/uematsu/black_mages/
That's Nobuo's page promoting the band.

I have another link with every song on the album as MP3. I won't link those though. If you must have them, PM me, but I can't guarantee I'll give you it. It depends on the wishes of the Admins.

This is pretty old news, but I do agree that the soundtrack is worth the effort to get. It's certainly an interesting album and I hope a second one will follow. :)

Yeah, whoever goes to that site should pick up the free FF7 battle music MP3 there. Very nice.

Can you provide a tracklist of that CD?

Numbermind said:

Can you provide a tracklist of that CD?

1.) (FFI) Battle Scene
2.) (FFV) Clash On The Big Bridge
3.) (FF8) Force Your Way
4.) (FFII) Battle Scene 2
5.) (FFVI) Decisive Battle
6.) (FFVI) Battle Theme
7.) (FF7) J.E.N.O.V.A
8.) (FF7) Still More Fighting
9.) (FFVI) Dancing Mad