Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Use

Wads of the moment

What wads are you playing lately?

I've been engrossed in

Vile Flesh - Starts kinda lame but after map07 things start to really kickass.

Hell Revealed 2 - Trying to play this more to get inspiration for my speedmap project, which should have been done last month. ;P

Icarus - I've only played this once and stopped after a few maps because the design isn't very great in some places.

Scythe - Best. Ever. Ep2 and Ep3 are my favs. Map26 seems very tough, but thanks to flawless design it's just really fun too.

Still playing Demon Fear, TVR, and Requiem, over and over again with different mods.

I play mostly Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed 2, Rebirth and a few others in solo only with sometimes some Legacy coop bots (just for fun).

In coop I play mosly Ultimate Doom, Doom2, Final Doom and a lil bit of Requiem (demos for the compet-N:)

DM, various wads with bots, but mostly basic Doom2 map01 and map07.

Right now I'm playing around in Ultimate Doom, Dark 7, Dissolution, and zpacman2.

I like to play Strife, modified Hacx, Caverns of Darkness, Massmouth 2, Console Doom, D64TC, AV and Wolfen for Hexen, over and over again. My alltime favourites.
Claustrophobia recently joined the group :-)

Well...let's see. After downloading ZDoomGL the other day, I was forced to try out that program with my entire Doom megawad collection to see how each looked. The result of this test sucked me back into playing a few of them most of the way through...again. Here's a couple:

1) Herian2 -- Absolutely amazing level designs. The monsters have been changed to the Heretic enemies but the weapons are still pure-grade Doom. I think this was the first megawad in which I saw fog in a few of the levels. Those of you who have played it know how good it is. (A little buggy with ZDoomGL though -- "textures") Also, turn jumping "off" when playing this one.

2) Eternal Doom 3 -- Here again, well thought out level designs that mix midieval and sci-fi together for a terrific blend. You have to turn jumping "off" with this megawad as well if you want to play it for what it's worth. Developed by TeamTNT so you know it's good. Don't forget to check out http://www.teamtnt.com to check out the news on Eternal Doom 4 due out next year.

I haven't really tried Daedalus with ZDoomGL yet, so I guess I'll do that now.

Most Recent:

• The Darkening E2
  • Momento Mori 2
  • Alien Vendetta
  • Hell Revealed 2
Other:
  • Arena of Agony (A little something I've made during my spare time for botmatches/bot co-op)
  • Dwango5 (more botmatches)

The most recent was Vile Flesh, but I have yet to try some of the newstuff wads. I agree that it started shaky (unusual lack of health compared to later on) but it somehow developed an unforgettable atmosphere.

A few years ago, I used to run through the classic megawads many times, but nowadays I just check out the new releases as I see them. All the same, I still love the game. :)

Alien Vendetta has my attention at the moment, but I'll probably go back to playing Plutonia soon.

Vile Flesh (I'll soon be making an effort to record some more demos on it), Icarus (since I noticed some possibilities for tricks on it, and because the Speed and NM tables were too empty), lots of wads for /newstuff reviews, and miscellaneous others that have come to my attention for one reason or another.

I don't have any wads of the moment.. I generally prefer playing single maps and having them done with.

I haven't played much wads lately because of my mapping project, but yeasterday I decided to take a little break from it and play a couple of wads for my New Oldstuff Chronicles. Currently I'm playing swarm.wad, which has been quite interesting this far.

uh, dwango5.wad and doom2.wad (only map01 of both), I haven't played anything but DM for a while (except for some minor bestatesting).
I'll be losing my internet connection at home tomorrow though so I guess I should download some stuff to play through.

I nearly finished HR on ITYTD, HR2 and AV on HNTR (I hate those map30-like maps), I'm on Evilution on HMP. I discovered Rebirth, wow it seems cool. I plan MM, MM2, Scythe, Plutonia and Requiem (on a light difficulty). I used to play dsv3-revolution.
I prefer megawads than single levels or minimegawads.

ducon's username is:
ducon for christ sake!

C'est quoi ce nick à la con?

I tend to replay the classics.. Selected maps of selected great megaWADs.. (MM, MM2, Requiem, AV, Scythe, HR, HR2, etc.) Plus whatever I can get my hands on in the /idgames archive.. I tend to browse rather randomly.. Sometimes I find gems, sometimes I find rubbish. It's a bit like going to a flea-market. If I like something, I'll keep it and play it again. If I *really* like it, I'll make a few demos for it.

Right now I'm playing HR through again.

Julian said:

C'est quoi ce nick à la con?

Ben c'est le nom que j'utilisais quand je jouais à divers doom-likes alors je l'ai gardé.
En plus, ça ressemble un peu à Duke, non ? Et j'aime bien Duke, j'ai même pondu un zip pour jouer Duke dans Quake 2.
En plus seuls les mangeurs de cuisses de grenouilles savent que ce pseudo est débile, mais c'est mon pseudo aussi sur les forum zdoom.

ducon said:

En plus seuls les mangeurs de cuisses de grenouilles savent que ce pseudo est débile, mais c'est mon pseudo aussi sur les forum zdoom.

ca c ben vrai !

ducon said:

Ben c'est le nom que j'utilisais quand je jouais à divers doom-likes alors je l'ai gardé.
En plus, ça ressemble un peu à Duke, non ? Et j'aime bien Duke, j'ai même pondu un zip pour jouer Duke dans Quake 2.

O kurwa! NMN, co oni pieprza? Rozumiesz cos? Nie ma to jak grupka Francuzów na forum miedzynarodowym...

Shaviro said:

3057hub1.wad
damn testing phase.

Nice!

Are you playing each map from a pistol start? I found many of the maps in Rebirth very challenging on UV playing them that way.

That's also the best way to play Vile Flesh, I think. The maps are very well-balanced on UV for pistol starts.

007: Liscence to Spell Doom ranks pretty high up right now. I'm also having a blast through Vanilla Heretic (seeing as I just got it yesterday). However, my main WAD I'm playing (and editing) right now is HELLDOOM. I sure hope you know what that is. :P