Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MysticTofu

Gameboy Advance Dooms?

Then there's this. And then perhaps you might need Wadenizer to convert PC wads to Mac format.

DOOM is not freeware anywhere. Not even the Commander Keen games are freeware. On any platform. The fact thar Marathon was freewarezed doesn't say anything about DOOM, because, unlike it, the DOOM brand still retains commercial value; at the very least because of its historic value (but also naturally because its evidently still being exploited.)

Also; DOOM 3 actually gives DOOM and DOOM II sales potential on a smaller scale. Thus the recent Wal-Mart DOOM CD and the reissuing of the Collector's Edition (which was released because of DOOM 3's coming in the first place,) or of those lame novels and whatnot.

myk said:

Then there's this. And then perhaps you might need Wadenizer to convert PC wads to Mac format.

DOOM is not freeware anywhere. Not even the Commander Keen games are freeware. On any platform. The fact thar Marathon was freewarezed doesn't say anything about DOOM, because, unlike it, the DOOM brand still retains commercial value; at the very least because of its historic value (but also naturally because its evidently still being exploited.)

Also; DOOM 3 actually gives DOOM and DOOM II sales potential on a smaller scale. Thus the recent Wal-Mart DOOM CD and the reissuing of the Collector's Edition (which was released because of DOOM 3's coming in the first place,) or of those lame novels and whatnot.

I HAVE the demo. I've beaten the demo a few times. Of course I CANNOT get ahold of the FULL GAME. I couldn't care less if its been rerelased in teh USA, it is NOT available in the UK and I have SEARCHED. Marathon was never released as freeware, I had to pay for it and it was VERY HARD to get ahold of. If the DOOM brand has comercial value oon the PC that DOES NOT mean it has any on the Mac. Whether its legal or not, the ONLY way to get DOOM nowadays on the Mac is ebay (and they have NEVER had it whenever I've looked) or froma freeware site. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK AN ILLEGAL SITE WOULD GO ON GOOGLE, HAVE LINKS EVERYWHERE TO IT, A FORUM, EASY WAYS OF CONTACTING THE OWNERS, ETC.

Thesmellyone 2 said:
Do you yourself think an illegal site would go on google, have link everywhere to it, a forum, easy ways of contacting the owners, etc.

Quit the caps abuse, you stinking fool. Who said anything whatsoever about eBay being illegal? You make it sound like you're consuming some intoxicating substance as you post!

DOOM has commercial value. Period. Are they gonna make it free for Linux or some old console too now? No.

As for getting it for the Mac... use the PC version with the demo's engine or a source port or hack. You've got Wadenizer to fix the wads up if they don't work outright.

I never said ebay was illegal. I said teh freeware site is. Idiot. And I would honestly like to see you come to England and find any version of DOOM 2 that isn't GBA on any platform. I can not get ahold of it. No matter how you look at it. I've tryed everything to get it but I just can't. For one thing, it holds zero commercial value on the mac. Zilch. Nothing.

Who cares what you said? Your comment, the one I replied to, was referring to what I said. And you're calling me an idiot? Great!

And you may now quit whining about what you think DOOM's status as a product should be. Your opinion, just that, has already been expressed. DOOM holds commercial value and its not being given away for free. We agree with that idea here since this is a site that contributes to the community in an honest way taking into account both users' and developers' interests.

This site does not condone the online distribution of restricted commercial software just because it's not available in a certain area or for a certain operating system.

People who do not find the games in stores in their area can resort to eBay (or a similar means) or to http://www.idsoftware.com (they accept orders in British pounds, even.)

No matter if it is indexed by Google or has prominent links to e-mailing its owners, if this "freeware" site offers a download of Doom for the Mac or the PC, it's still illegal.

As it has been said before but you seemingly do not understand, you can use a Mac source port with the PC Doom Wad files. Whether or not they have to be converted with Wadenizer I do not know.

Does id ship over seas? Is it Mac DOOM? I doubt it to both. Why don't I just use PC DOOM? Because my experience with Wadenizer is it makes the apps crash. I'd be wasting money.

Thesmellyone:

If you can't/won't buy Mac DOOM, and want to warez it, please do, just don't talk about it here, and stop trying to justify it. I'm really sick of all these "I don't want to do illegal stuff, but this game should be free" arguments. You are not the designer, you are not the publisher. Only they decide what to do with the game. All you can decide is what you want to do with what they decide.