Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Revo19

Harddrive

If you get a harddrive that has two like (160x2) does it use 1 harddrive then uses the other or u have to choose one to save the item to?

Revo19 said:

If you get a harddrive that has two like (160x2) does it use 1 harddrive then uses the other or u have to choose one to save the item to?

Depends on the OS.

Is doomworld now a hardware site? Dot3! Stencils! Specularity! Occlusion! Other various next-gen graphics buzzwords! This is what I want!

go to your RUN box over your START button and type: 'explorer'
some programs are hard coded to use certain directories, but overall you can choose where most programs install and download to.

and if this is a joke question: May the Title and Avatar gods do their worst on you. :)

Zoost said:

Is doomworld now a hardware site?

All discussion sites tend to have certain "themes" for their everything else boards.

well i think you are talking about 2 160GB drives.

well depends on how your set them up.

in a standard master/slave setting. you will have a choice of 2 physical devices. you will have to choose which one you use.

in a RIAD setup they can act as a single drive. you either need a RAID card or a mother board with RAID support. Also i think a raid will also allow you to 'image' a drive. however, i have never really messed with a RIAD setup

the number of letter 'drives' (in windows) is based on how you partition the drive. you could have 4 'letter drives' but only 1 physical hard drive.

You're right, but the proper term for a "letter" drive is a logical drive ;)

I'm not sure Revo19 isn't maybe talking about partitions?

Perhaps you could re-phrase.