Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

SNES Doom mod

Sorry to post in a old topic..

I just found something in SNES Doom that kinda tripped me out, Has anyone ever noticed that when you turn, the texture offsets change?

For example when you go to a doorway that has a SUPPORT2 texture and turn, pay attention to it because the squares in the SUPPORT2 textures along with adjacent walls go out of alignment.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

I've never personally noticed it, though I'm not denying that it happens. Probably just a limitation of the rendering engine, like long wall error in vanilla DOOM.

skaman86 said:

Sorry to post in a old topic..

I just found something in SNES Doom that kinda tripped me out, Has anyone ever noticed that when you turn, the texture offsets change?

For example when you go to a doorway that has a SUPPORT2 texture and turn, pay attention to it because the squares in the SUPPORT2 textures along with adjacent walls go out of alignment.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Absolutely. Those lamp textures on short linedefs suffer the most from this, as they would often become shifted and horribly misaligned, with the other textures it's usually not so visible.

I thought it was funny, all the years I owned the game I never noticed it. I was playing E2M2 and was in a room with a green armor and a poison pool in the middle and when I picked the armor up and turned I saw it.

Job said:

Absolutely not. Like I said, I replayed the last version of the wad and I have to say it's worth putting in the effort to finish. Hopefully, Bashe and ShaneAmp get back on board. If I had to finish it by myself, it'd take forever (though I don't mind doing the tedious stuff!)

In fact, here's the download link for the SNES Doom wad. I've got it on a temporary hosting service until I can get it on my own server.

SNES Doom download

Unfortunately the link was dead, would greatly appreciate it if you could host it again. Sorry my english!!!

nightside said:

Unfortunately the link was dead, would greatly appreciate it if you could host it again. Sorry my english!!!

UP! Please host on another server the mod, I relive my childhood days with him ^^

Are you guys gonna make it so that you cannot save? I remember that being a particular reason I was forced to get really good to finish Inferno in SNES Doom. If this is gonna be a mod, is it going to support vanilla Pwads too?

Though you can't save, any time you die and restart the level, or restart the level directly, you retain the guns and ammo from when you first got there.

Nope, it keeps track of your arsenal (unless you have a screwed up copy, which I doubt).

BTW, your username reminds me of Epic Meal Time.

Did it really keep the weapons? o.O I don't remember that...but then, once I died, I turned the SNES off in fear as a child, so yeah...

I played it a lot back then and I remember it saving the arsenal you had at the start of each level as well.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Are you guys gonna make it so that you cannot save? I remember that being a particular reason I was forced to get really good to finish Inferno in SNES Doom.

You could also play all the way through an earlier episode on a lower difficulty. It would let you continue on, and you could play Inferno on that difficulty.

I can't recall if it would reset your health and weapons at the start of a new episode if you did that. I think it did but I'm not sure.

Not exactly. This is based on the NA version:

-You can only play E1 on I'm too young to die, and without the ending.
-You can only select E1 on Hey Not Too Rough, but you'll get its ending and go to E2, though you won't get E2's ending.
-You can play E1 and E2 on Hurt Me Plenty. Here, you can go from E1 to E2 to E3, or E2 to E3. And all these have the endings.
-There are all 3 episodes on Ultra Violence and Nightmare! Same as above; all 3 endings.

In the Japanese version, all episodes are available on all difficulties and the endings too.

When you transition from one episode to another, you start from scratch.

I'll start by saying that I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, I don't mean to be a bother.

The reason I am bumping though is because I am trying to get a hold of the map wad file for this, and it seems that it has disappeared from the internet.

I am trying to make a collection of every console port of doom as wads, my eventual goal is to have all the ports as a single wad file, and the music as a separate wad, and when I'm eventually done I may post it.

Thank you if you are able to help, and again sorry about the bump.
-Donut

Edit: I just re-read this and wanted to fix something, its not going to be all ports as one wad, each port with be its own wad with the music as a separate wad, so 7 ; Atari, 3DO, GBA, SNES, 32X, Xbox, PSX (and 6 music wads {none for xbox}).
I do know a lot of the work is done already, but I want to bring it all into one place for people that want them all like me.

I was looking for working downloads myself and found what seems to be three different SNES mods. Posting here so everything can be found in one place.

Dehacked SNES Doom mod (The original SNES Doom mod most people are familiar with. Also includes SNES ripped music (aka SPCs) for use with ZDoom):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9bf6ffqbrl5s4cc/SnesDoom.zip

SNES Doom from the first ZDoom mutator contest:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21920

unknown
http://daman6009.home.comcast.net/SNESDoom.pk3

And for completeness Doom / Doom 2 Snes Style Music

Edit: I was going to delete this and post it in the new SNES thread instead but apparently for some reason I can't delete my own post