Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

SNES Doom mod

Also, it might take a while but I can probably do something with the decaldefs lump to remove bullet puffs and blood splats, etc. entirely.

UPDATE: Take what DarkHaven did, and put my contribution in there (the Spectre removal) and you have the latest version of the SNES Doom wad!

I'm only going to be in Rhode Island for a couple more days. Then we have to go up to New York (Watertown) and see my brother one last time before he goes to Iraq. If we stop by his house for an extended period of time, I can make any updates if necessary. He has cable modem.

Oh yeah, and yesterday was my birthday! I'm 14 now.

Darkhaven3 said:

EDIT BECAUSE I CAN'T EDIT MY OTHER POST: I've figured out how to prevent the monsters falling backwards when they die!

Why would you want to do that?

Bashe said:

Why would you want to do that?

Because that's how it was in the SNES Doom version. :)

Job said:

Because that's how it was in the SNES Doom version. :)

What are you talking about? All monsters fall down backwards when they die! SNES Doom or not!

Naitguolf: Wrong. The was is at freewebs.com/bashe/snesdoom.wad

That page you posted is mine, but it doesn't work for some reason.

http://www.freewebs.com/bashe/mywads.htm is the correct page. It has some other "interesting" wads in there, too.

Allow me to elaborate. What I mean is that a rocket or bfg blast will not knock the enemies backwards. There is no "physics" present in SNES Doom.

Oh... duh
*Hits self*
Well, I made an update, but just a SNDINFO update to the Doom2 monsters. I don't know why I did that, but I did.
I usually clean up the wad when I'm done with it to save space.

Well, to prevent monsters from falling backwards, why don't we just make their mass 100000. There, problem solved. Right?

UPDATE: The SNDINFO wouldn't let me change the Spectre's attack of dssgtatk to dsclaw, so I had to replace the entire sound with dsclaw.

Will you use original snes order levels? I get used only to play that. (yeah, you can warp, but is nice to play the whole episode)

You know, with ZDoom, we could remove the episode options so you just go to new game and it sends you to Hanger and then even after that we could change the level order. Right?

Um you can choose your start episode in SNES Doom. The higher the episode the higher the difficulty required. I think Ep 3 can only be accessed on UV and Nightmare, Ep 2 on HMP and up, and Ep1 on any.

Yes. In SNES Doom, you can play E1 on any difficulty, E2 on Hurt me Plenty and onwards, and E3 only on UV and Nightmare.

You had to pick your difficulty first, then the availible episodes according to which difficulty you picked.

But when the game starts (after the DOOM logo) you go straight to the hangar. You then hit start and choose New Game and then pick your difficutly and episodes. I already explained it above.

Just a fun way to say BUMP!

I redownloaded the SNES Doom rom just because the old one could save but not load the saves without a super error.

Eh, sorry.

Job, Darkhaven, and others: My Doom rom is always corrupted. I can save, but if I leave the emulator and try to load again, it will crash. Looks like I have to play the game it was meant: NO SAVING!!!

[Insert scream] [Insert evil laugh]

Well, this topic is being neglected, so I guess we're done with this wad.

Well, eh, I don't wanna have to play through SNES Doom without saving. It would be painful. What if I had to go somewhere right in the middle of playing?