Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

SNES Doom mod

That would be the best way to go about it. However, aren't all the map files required in order for them to use the custom status bar? I mean the levels have to be in zdoom/heretic format to use the scripting that it requires from what I understand. No?

there are map changes to though. If you could get the patch replacements done, then mapping would be a breeze, its easy already though. I just mapped out e1m9, there were some things that needed to be removed, and some added. Their could be 2 versions in the end maybe, one for using with any wad, and the other include maps and be TC, sorta.

EDIT: Sorry, I guess I wasn't thinking of any of that at the time. Interesting idea about 2 separate wads, too...

Also, what exactly was changed in SNES E1M8 (PC E1M9)?

So then. What about E2M2 not having the music it currently has? There was some track swapping.

hmm...well on an SPC wad I did, I made it so E2M2 uses the D_INTER instead of E2M3 (because of snes having e2m2's song in e2m3)

Job said:

So then. What about E2M2 not having the music it currently has? There was some track swapping.

I'm taking care of that in the MAPINFO lump, as well as any removed maps.

Well i had to make ledges where the partially translucent textures were right a the begining, if you've played e1m3 that i did, you would also notice that at the begining. Besides that, theres the star shaped floor where the monster warp to when crossed, In the SNES version 2 doors open around you instead, so i had to add 2 sectors and cut one. Also near the end where the spectors come out was also not in the SNES. Speaking of spectors to, they arent in the game either, so all of them have had to be changed to demons.

So speaking of those patch replacemesnts, has work been started on those yet? if not ive noticed a few so far that could be of help.

Yeah, they're widely incomplete. I can do it by myself, but if you want to help, have at it. Just tell me which patches you want to do and I'll leave those aside.

i could do some, but i meant that i could name a few, mostly from the first episode though. From mapping the first episode, ive notice a number of texture changes.

I was trying to do a little dehacked work on some monsters, the duration between the frames in the SNES version are alot shorter. But it speeds up the monsters also, i tried changing the monsters speed, and that does nothing, can this be fixed?

I was noticing that with the new status bar, when u die, the meter goes up again, say u have 5% health left, and u get shot with a shotgun, u die with 5%, this wasnt intended was it? In the snes version, zero's are also displayed to the left, ie: 080%, pc version doesnt, no big deal, just an idea.

Call me crazy, but it doesn't look like he's refering to the monster deaths. Instead, he appears to be refering to all of the monster frames. (ie movement, attacks, etc.)

i didnt mean the deaths, but i have noticed that the monsters animation all that accurate. All the frames seem as if they should be about half the duration, is this just me? Ever noticed how when they stand still they move all jerky? I was able to do that with dehacked no problem, adds a more authentic look, that way it doesnt speed up the movement. Another thing i noticed was the monsters, once u die, dont go back to a stand there state, they are still in walking mode, but on the spot, i dunno if this can be implemented. Also, after some of the monsters attack, they go back to their standing frame for a second, kinda like a pause, its weird.

ShaneAmp said:

I was noticing that with the new status bar, when u die, the meter goes up again, say u have 5% health left, and u get shot with a shotgun, u die with 5%, this wasnt intended was it? In the snes version, zero's are also displayed to the left, ie: 080%, pc version doesnt, no big deal, just an idea.

Oops... Sorry, that's my fault... It's actually showing the true health, which is negative, only I didn't include the minus sign in the font...

Replace the SNESLIB lump with the one available here: http://69.134.212.170/files/sneslib.lmp

That should fix it.

I got the new SNESlib of Dewm (muhuhaha) lump and I've incorporated it into the wad, but I can't upload the wad until my huge download has finished.

K, it's up.

So what's everyone working on right now?

Just so no one starts working on anything that i am, im just finishing up map 6, and im touching up anything left out of the other maps i did, just some minor things. I'll relase those maps all at once.

In the next version we should add all the original maps to the wad until they are mapped out, just so the status bar can be used in all the levels.

So does anyone know if its possible to slow the monsters down after the duration between frames has been lowered in dehacked?

[off topic]FUCK YEAH!11!111!! I finally defeated this fucking prick hard-as-hell-to-eliminate spyware! I am a happy person.[/off topic]

So, what's the progress with the mod?

for me, almost done the maps for episode 1, just touching up some stuff. I should ask this, do u guys think i should remove barrels from the maps? in e1m3 most of the barrels have been removed, if we wanna go for as accurate as possible then i can do it. Oh yeah, and i'll also send out the new flat replacements with the maps when their done.

didnt i hear in these messages somewhere that the levels that werent in snes doom, were removed from the mod? I thought i did, but mine still goes into those maps.

no need to get mad, it was just an observation. I was running through the mod, and it went to all the levels, so thats why i asked. Didn't skip the levels that it should have.

You need to put together a MAPINFO lump so that the game will skip the levels. (otherwise, it'll just use the originals) Use the D1INFO lump in zdoom.wad as a base, and put it in the snesdoom.wad file as MAPINFO. It's pretty self-explanatory how it works... You could even add episode information, so you could cut out Episode 4, and the mod would still work in Doom2, as long as the missing textures were all replaced.

You can also change music, etc. with this, and you could disable juming, I think...

Check the Zdoom wiki for more details... The site's not working for me right now, otherwise I'd provide a link.

[edit]Let me know what levels need to be skipped/renamed (make up a list for each episode, and what map they are in PC Doom), and I'll put it together)

Also, after I've added this lump, you may want to consider adding the textures that haven't been replaced that are missing in Doom2, and the music files... Then people can play using doom2.wad as the iwad also...

I put the lump into the wad and updated it.

Bad news: Freewebs has almost no bandwidth, right? Well, the bigger the wad gets, the MUCH longer it will take to download, depending on connection. I have DSL and it's going to take 8 minutes or so to download, and it's only 1.01 MB. What should we do?