Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

SNES Doom mod

Ok, so i got AFADoomers TITLEMAP lump now, and maybe im using it wrong, but it boots up right, but once the map starts, the titlepic ends up being the HUD. Can anyone explain how to use it, or give me a link somewhere, i tried looking, but couldnt find anything

How do i get it to load into the first map, all it does is load the titlemap everytime i start a new game. I cant find anything that explains this, only forum topics that talk about it as if everyone already knows how to, its probly just one small little thing im missing, but ive never used it before.

thats where my problem is, when i do, all it does is reload the titlemap sequemce again. I can do it as many times as i want and it will keep repeating it. Maybe i have to apply it somehow, rather then just loading it into my wad? Cuz it seems to work that way, except for not being able to start any map.

It sounds like you're loading an old MAPINFO lump.

Make sure your MAPINFO is this:

// MAPINFO for SNES Doom

clearepisodes

//Episode List

episode e1m1
name "Knee Deep in the Dead"
picname "m_epi1"
key "k"

episode e2m
name "The Shores of Hell"
picname "m_epi2"
key "s"

episode e3m
name "Thy Flesh Consumed"
picname "m_epi3"
key "f"

//Title Screen

map TITLEMAP "SNES Doom"
nointermission

// Registered/Retail Episode 1

map E1M1 lookup HUSTR_E1M1
levelnum 1
titlepatch WILV00
next E1M2
secretnext E1M9
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 30
music D_E1M1

map E1M2 lookup HUSTR_E1M2
levelnum 2
titlepatch WILV01
next E1M3
secretnext E1M9
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 75
music D_E1M2

map E1M3 lookup HUSTR_E1M3
levelnum 3
titlepatch WILV02
next E1M4
secretnext E1M9
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 120
music D_E1M3

map E1M4 lookup HUSTR_E1M4
levelnum 4
titlepatch WILV03
next E1M5
secretnext E1M9
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 90
music D_E1M4

map E1M5 lookup HUSTR_E1M5
levelnum 5
titlepatch WILV04
next E1M7
secretnext E1M9
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 165
music D_E1M5

map E1M7 lookup HUSTR_E1M7
levelnum 6
titlepatch WILV06
next E1M8
secretnext E1M9
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 180
music D_E1M7

map E1M8 lookup HUSTR_E1M8
levelnum 7
titlepatch WILV07
next EndGame1
secretnext E1M9
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 30
nointermission
nosoundclipping
baronspecial
specialaction_lowerfloor
music D_E1M8

map E1M9 lookup HUSTR_E1M9
levelnum 8
titlepatch WILV08
next E1M4
secretnext E1M4
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
par 165
nosoundclipping
baronspecial
specialaction_lowerfloor
music D_E1M9

// Registered/Retail Episode 2

map E2M1 lookup HUSTR_E2M1
levelnum 9
titlepatch WILV10
next E2M3
secretnext E2M9
sky1 SKY2 0
cluster 2
par 90
music D_E2M1

map E2M3 lookup HUSTR_E2M3
levelnum 10
titlepatch WILV12
next E2M4
secretnext E2M9
sky1 SKY2 0
cluster 2
par 90
music D_E2M3

map E2M4 lookup HUSTR_E2M4
levelnum 11
titlepatch WILV13
next E2M6
secretnext E2M9
sky1 SKY2 0
cluster 2
par 120
music D_E2M4

map E2M6 lookup HUSTR_E2M6
levelnum 12
titlepatch WILV15
next E2M8
secretnext E2M9
sky1 SKY2 0
cluster 2
par 360
music D_E2M6

map E2M8 lookup HUSTR_E2M8
levelnum 13
titlepatch WILV17
next EndGame2
secretnext E2M9
sky1 SKY2 0
cluster 2
par 30
nointermission
nosoundclipping
cyberdemonspecial
specialaction_exitlevel
music D_E2M8

map E2M9 lookup HUSTR_E2M9
levelnum 14
titlepatch WILV18
next E2M6
secretnext E2M6
sky1 SKY2 0
cluster 2
par 170
music D_E2M9

// Registered/Retail Episode 3

map E3M1 lookup HUSTR_E3M1
levelnum 21
titlepatch WILV20
next E3M2
secretnext E3M9
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 90
music D_E3M1

map E3M2 lookup HUSTR_E3M2
levelnum 22
titlepatch WILV21
next E3M3
secretnext E3M9
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 45
music D_E3M2

map E3M3 lookup HUSTR_E3M3
levelnum 23
titlepatch WILV22
next E3M4
secretnext E3M9
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 90
music D_E3M3

map E3M4 lookup HUSTR_E3M4
levelnum 24
titlepatch WILV23
next E3M6
secretnext E3M9
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 150
music D_E3M4

map E3M6 lookup HUSTR_E3M6
levelnum 26
titlepatch WILV25
next E3M7
secretnext E3M9
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 90
music D_E3M6

map E3M7 lookup HUSTR_E3M7
levelnum 27
titlepatch WILV26
next E3M8
secretnext E3M9
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 165
music D_E3M7

map E3M8 lookup HUSTR_E3M8
levelnum 28
titlepatch WILV27
next endbunny
secretnext E3M9
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 30
nointermission
nosoundclipping
spidermastermindspecial
specialaction_exitlevel
music D_E3M8

map E3M9 lookup HUSTR_E3M9
levelnum 29
titlepatch WILV28
next E3M7
secretnext E3M7
sky1 SKY3 0
cluster 3
par 135
music D_E3M9

// Clusters (correspond with same-numbered episode)

clusterdef 1
flat WIMAP0
music D_VICTOR
exittext lookup E1TEXT

clusterdef 2
flat WIMAP1
music D_VICTOR
exittext lookup E2TEXT

clusterdef 3
flat WIMAP2
music D_VICTOR
exittext lookup E3TEXT

That is slightly more updated then the version i was using, but after looking at it, it seems like that should work also. But even with that, same problem. Theres obviously something i dont understand about scripts, ive had this kinda problem before, i must be applying it wrong, loading into the wad wrong, thats my guess. I'll just work on other stuff for now, and when im ready to release another version, i'll see if i can get someone who has time, to get it working. Ive been loading the wad in with XWE, merging it, whats wrong there? works for everything else.

if you know anything about titlemaps, you can try and get that working. Other then that, not really sure, you can try the latest version and see what you think you can improve. Let me know first though, and make sure i havnt already done it.

If you want, maybe you could make single sided sprites for the ones not done yet, i'd like to make this compatible with Doom 2 when this is done, and i dont think thats to far off really. Right now im really just touching up, fixing some dehacked, and some graphics, then thats about it to my knowledge, unless someone has some tricks to emulating it even more.

Well i started some work on a Doom 2 compatible SNES Doom MOD, got all the sprites done, and some other graphic stuff. Ive heard of a page somewhere that lists all the new textures in both doom 2 and final doom, i dont have much time to look for it, does anyone have a link?

wwwoww... you all completely have the same throughts about the old doom as i do. the bad graphics, sprites always facing you, i mean, you people read my frickin mind! lol. note that i did only read the 1st and last posts (i know, im lazy :P) . but in my mind, since i grew up with the snes doom, sprites always facing you is sorta creepy. also, i remember that when youd die, the enemies would still be walkin around all over the place...just staring at you. my biggest fear was the cacodemon. lord that thing used to scare the shit outta me when i heard that hissing noise. anyway, since my laziness got the best of me, im sure somewhere in this topic, theres probably a link to what yall are workin on, so if you could pm me it or something, IF it is there, im not sure, id appreciate it. another thing is, in my opinion, a completely redone version of the snesdoom with just mouse control, yet it would take away some aspects of the old doom, like the no-textured floors&ceilings... ok nvm. i just need to go out and find a snes controller that hooks to your pc. cus its very difficult in zsnes with the keyboard controls. oh well, drop me the link of the "project" or whatever, thanks.

im still doing work on it. I havnt posted anything about it in a while, because ive been reformatting my hard drive and backing stuff up. I do plan to do as much as i can with it. it's not far off from being done id say, at least as much as can be done.

geocities.com/shaneamp/snes_doom.zip The MOD

geocities.com/shaneamp/maps.zip Redone maps

that version is almost 10 months old now! i have lots of new dehacked work done, and started work on a doom 2 version of it also. I may not post a new release until i think it done.

Funny, 3 seperate post in one day about this project that no one has spoken about in months, good to hear theres still inetrest in it!

neither of the links work... but yeah my interest will never die! oldskool 4ever! also, a quick question, is there anyway to like, download a different midi engine than you already have? that has like different sounds for each of the patches. perhaps i could find the doom one, i dunno.

sorry about the links, it's geocities, it never works right, just keep trying!

What do you mean different midi engine? the MOD uses the actual SPC's from the Snes Doom Rom, zdoom supports them, if you would rather have the original midi's, then delete the spc's from the wad.

Darkhaven, if you could get the spread effect working, for the baron fireball that the bfg shoots, thad be great. For now, you should wait until i get a working version together of the new stuff i have, so you dont end up working on something that ive already done. And i guess there's no way to script an intermission sequence between episodes, so i dunno what else there is really to do, a few touch ups and it may be done.

oh my fault. i heard from somewhere that it uses midi just a whole different engine. anyone notice how when you pause the music doesnt completely stop, it like finishes off the last note? thats why i believed the midi "hoax" or "theory". whatever you wanna call it.

Well an SPC is like a MOD, it uses samples. With a program called snessor, you can extract the intruments. For the doom2 mod, i thought about making mods out of the original midi's, using the snes samples. I still need to learn more about mod tracking though, and so far it doesnt sound quite right without the type of reverb the snes uses.

Thanx for posting the mod gargoylol, the other link is always broken or not working.

http://www.planetgargoyle.com/doom/snes

w00t!!!1 thanks.

edit -- oh dang my bad it doesnt work lol. at least not with zdoomgl. how am i supposed to run it? let me know asap. thanx

latest version of zdoom works fine, try gzdoom for GL, that works to, zdoom gl does seem to have some problems

drag and drop the wad into the zdoom exe, make sure your using the ultimate doom iwad, if that doesnt work, then it's not the mod thats the problem.

did anyone happen to download the updated copy of the sneslib that AFADoomer posted a while back, to fix a minor hud error? i cant seem to find it, and the link doesnt work anymore.

its great, the framerate isnt quite like the old one though. theres gotta be a way to fix that...

the reason is because when something dies it dies super fast, unlike the old snes doom. is there a way to mod the framerate on zdoomgl

you mean the death frames, or the framerate of the game itself? I always kinda thought the death frames were a little faster to, that can be changed easily with dehacked. The frames were faster on the snes though, especially the chase frames, ive been working on that for the next version. It looks alot better now, although some monsters couldnt be emulated 100%, their fairly close. I think 95% is about as close as it will get, but to anyone who hasn't studied the differences in the snes, probly wont notice anything.

well do u want it to run as low as the original though? im not sure if zdoomgl has the fram cap removed, but the regular version did, and you could put it back on with a command in the console, gave it more of a classic feeling. If there's a way to lower the fram rate, then i dont know about it, but it would be a neat option to have.

i should request that perhaps. i mean they should understand doom fans out there (unlike the dickheads at zsnes). only problem with zdoomgl is that the creators dont really seem to give a shit. 1st off, theyve only had like 20 people on for their max "most online" medal thing. and they never check back on their site. i left a post there like a week ago, and so far that was the last post in that whole forum (well, miniforum, whatever you wanna call it).

well you can try and request it, we requested an spc support update for this mod, and it was implemented in the latest version, but that was a simple fix, i dunno what a frame limit would take to impliment.

i just found out that they have it already, the problem is it can only be set to on or off, theres obviously a default value. im not realy sure though, i asked if this is true and im still awaiting a response. i just gotta remember it takes them a week sometimes to respond, the forums are pretty dead.

cl_capfps 1

caps it at 35, however it doesn't have the same "fluid flow" stock doom does with a cap. SNES Doom's framerate is 21-ish iirc.

by the way, why are you playing snesdoom in zdoomgl, that's completely defeating the point