Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

SNES Doom mod

Well, what else really is there to do? I mean, we have to resize the rest of the sprites and some textures. I also need to find out what the Cyberdemon is like. My ROM is corrupted so I can't save.

Hey Bashe, are you sure its corrupt? ive noticed that if u try and load the game before it loads into the first level, then it quits on you, by any chance are you doing that? I can send you the ROM if you want.

Darkhaven4 said:

Also, you can use the SNES Doom MP3's from Elby's site, if you're going that way.

MP3's? Oh noes

Why not just use OpenSPC, and have .it's? (and correct their pitch and looping with Modplug tracker)

I'LL SEND IT TONIGHT, LIKE I WAS SAYING THOUGH, MAKE SURE NOT TO LOAD THE STATE BEFORE THE GAME STARTS IN E1M1.

IS THAT HOW YOU CONVERT SPC'S TO MODS? THAD BE GOOD, CAN YOU DO IT WITH THE PLUGIN FOR WINAMP, IT HAS BETTER SOUND. I DO HAVE A OGG SOUNDTRACK WAD WITH ALL THE SNES MUSIC IN IT, RECORDED WITH WINAMP, SOUNDS 10 TIMES BETTER THEN THE DOOM DEPOT VERSION, SINCE ITS SAMPLED HIGHER, AND THE EMULATION IS NEAR PERFECT, ITS ABOUT 30 MEGS IF ANYONE WANTS IT. BUT IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE SOC PLUGING FOR ZDOOM. THAT WOULD BE A SPACE SAVER!

Please, please and PLEASE lay off the capslock.

No, Winamp will not convert to any mod format of any kind, you'll have to grab OpenSPC (a seperate, DOS spc player) that can output an .it file out of a currently playing SPC. You can then use Modplug Tracker to touch up and fix glaring errors in the .it file (such as pitch).

I've done the entire Demon's Crest soundtrack at a whopping 1.5mb zip. (you can get it from mirsoft.info)

Or, you could wait until I could do the SPC conversions someday. I've been thinking about it......

Hold IT!

I noticed something. when you pick up the green armor at the start, it says "Picked up the MegaArmor" instead of the usual. just something I noticed while playing my Snes Doom.

Did anyone ever play this on Xband? I assume the player sprite is also only "one-sided", so that you don't know if someone's facing away from you or toward you? I've always wanted to see that...

Yeah, that would probably look pretty weird. You'd never know if he was facing away or not. Weirdness.

Sorry to bump this old thread but I made another minor update. I took away the dshoof and dsmetal sounds because Cybers and Masterminds are silent in SNES Doom.

Ok, I'm hard at work resizing everything. This is going to take a while so be patient and you'll soon have an update.

All right, I've hit a problem. What program should I use to resize? I started off using Paint's sketch and skew feature to make them small and make them big again but it kinda distorts the color. What should I use?

Oh yeah. Sorry about that. What program did you use to resize everything?

Yeah, that would be cool.

What tools did you use to resize things inside of Paint? That Demon you resized looks good and pixely.

I tried to use the sketch and skew tools on a spare Demon. I was hoping it would come out the same as the current Demon but some colors were messed up.

This is my technique:
Sketch and skew 50% horizontally and vertically and then Sketch and skew 200% horizontally and vertically. That's what I used on the spare Demon and it came out weird and not like the current Demon.

Okay, for even more clarity:

The spare Demon

The spare Demon after I used my technique, which I wanted to turn out like...

...this.

I use the "Select" tool and horizontally scale it by 50%, then I resize it back. This is why it seems to keep full vertical detail, but the horizontal plane appears stretched, to simulate the wider viewplane in SNES Doom on a TV.

Okay, then. I'm off to work FOR REAL.

Okay, it looks a bit different than the current Demon but the current Demon is done.

Darkhavnen, let me know what you have finished.

I'd like to request permission to remove unrequired resources from the WAD, which include an unnecessary copy of the DSMETAL sound, and the DOOM2 one-sided sprites; after all, SNES Doom didn't have any Doom2 specific resources, I don't think.

Yeah, I just put those Doom 2 sprites in for fun. I'll take them out now. After all, they are just a waste of space.

I'll upload here in a second.

UPDATE: There you go, pal. All Doom 2 references and unecessary stuff has been removed. Odd the wad hasn't gotten smaller...hmmm...

Sure did.

I'm in the middle of risizing a lot of things and IMing Job at the same time. Don't worry, I should get most of the sprites done. You do the unresized textures Darkhaven.

Hey, are there any like dead bodies hanging for the ceiling in SNES Doom? I don't have time to check right now. I know the mutilated Barons on the walls are gone.

No, I think the bodies on the walls are gone too. I'll find a workaround for this when I resize and edit the patches.