Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jehar

Deep water questions.

Hey all.

Got all excited about the new DoomBuilder so decided to experiment around.

I got the gist of deep water, but I am having a few problems in understanding it.

I will be able to (understand) and fix my problems when I acually know what i am doing. :P

So could somebody send me a link to a good tutorial?

I already read the one at the zdoom site.

Erm.

1. Make a real sector in the map. It's floor and ceiling levels are absolute. I mean the floor will be the bottom of your deep sector (not the mirror of a liquid), and the ceiling will be the ceiling of this sector. So just keep the ceiling as it is, but dig the floor a bit lower, to have some space for water.

2. Make a dummy sector (the one that's in the map, but there's no way to get there). Its Ceiling should be the same as the one from point 1. but its floor will tell on which level the mirror of the water should lay.

3.Now give a tag to the "real sector"; and give Transfer_Heights to one of the LineDefs of the "Dummy Sector".

4. Put the "Water Zone" thing in the dummy sector.

5.You're done.

I too have a question about deep water: How do I add colormap to the underwater area? I now know how to do it in Zdoom in Hexen format, but unfortunately I started my level in Doom format...

i asked this a few weeks ago and got very helpful answers. i explained it at the end of my thread. look for "deep water" in the editing forum (subject line) started by marky.

marky

Loalz I was making a awesomely long walkthrough to make deep water but you guys all posted before I finished.

So umm you can add fog really easy. Just make the backside lower texture of the linedef with "transfer heights" "##RRGGBB"

Replace ## with how foggy you want it to be in hexidecimal form.

Replace RR with how red you want it to be in hexidecimal form.

Replace GG with how green you want it to be in hexidecimal form.

Replace BB with how blue you want it to be in hexidecimal form.

DooMer 4ever said:

I too have a question about deep water: How do I add colormap to the underwater area? I now know how to do it in Zdoom in Hexen format, but unfortunately I started my level in Doom format...

If it's meant to be ZDoom-only, the ##RRGGBB method still works, even in Doom/Boom format maps.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

If it's meant to be ZDoom-only, the ##RRGGBB method still works, even in Doom/Boom format maps.

Ok, but I still have no idea how and where I should put all those ##RRGGBB values.

See the line where you have "transfer heights?"

See where you can type in what texture you want the lower texture to be?

Instead of -, change it to 70000070 and see what happens.

color was no problem to me...

In my deep water sector I have some steps, but they don't render... @_@ any ideas why?

Also, how do I make a timed-damage thingy? some sort of ACS?

Then I gotta add low-grav... right?

Just put the "deep water" thing into your control sector. It's thing number 9045. That will make the drowning effect and the swimming effect under the water. Simple eh?