Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
S1lent

Alpha Pic question

How do you tell the difference? I don't think I've ever seen an alpha pic. Is there any distinctive way to tell the difference? I just don't want to accidentally post an alpha pic on these forums. Can someone help me out?

Um, if you haven't seen it anywhere else before, then it's probably an alpha pic. Granted, you may not have seen the E3 trailer, or all of the officially released screenshots, but most people have. Check the Doom 3 screenshots here at Doomworld, for starters, and if you don't see it there, then generally, that means that it may not be official.

So there is no distinctive way to tell unless I've memorized all of the frames and screenshots of the trailer? There's no visual changes or anything?

Most alpha shots are of poor quality - the models don't look remotely cinematic, the shadows are pitch black, the textures look cartoonish and if you see a shot where you the pistol is shown and the pistol looks different than the one in this shot, consider it an alpha shot by default.

Thank you DSM. And Scabbed Angel, loose the attitude. I think posting a question concerning a forum rule is a completely legitament thread.

most alpha shots look like piss. personaly o dont go around looking at screens as much. i have never seen any doom3 video other than the one that came out when the nvidia geforce III came out

I think I've seen the official trailer, a few other "mini-trailers" which were about 20 seconds long. And then I've seen teh editor commentaries and documentaries on Doom 3. I have a bad habbit of looking up screenshots for new games that I can't wait to come out. (ie: DOOM 3, Half-Life 2, & Halo 2)

I said why in the very FIRST post....

"I just don't want to accidentally post an alpha pic on these forums."