Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lengis

BREAKING NEWS: the Nintendo DS will be buttonless

A quote from Famitsu's president Hirokazu Hamamura has sent the gaming world into a state of deep confusion.

"This will not be a machine where you push the 'A' button or 'B' button and move the direction pad, but a completely different way to interact with the device."

This interesting quote has sprung many ideas and a while ago it was suggested that the DS would have a touch screen. Expect proper details on Tuedsay at E3.

What the hell is wrong with buttons, anyway? Were they not making enough money replacing GameBoy cases lined with sugar-encrusted gunk from grubby 7-year-ols hands?

DJ_Haruko said:

Theremin gaming maybe?

If they'd include the wacky sound, it would be a great experience.

I read a rumor in EGM that the second screen could be a touch screen, but it didn't say anything about being buttonless.

I hope it's not going to be one of those stupid "voice controled" systems or games. I hate those, half the time you have to repeat yourself.

Maybe you have to turn it to move it. I bet it would look damn funny to see a bunch of kids moving in spasms to play it. Heh.

I hate touch screens, voice activation, and VR mumbo-jumbo. This better include some kind of never-before-seen technology, or its going to be the biggest flop since the Virtual Boy.

Whether you hate it isn't going to affect its eventual popularity all that much.

Touch-screen would be cool. Though I've heard rumors that it will have buttons (Megagames.com reported that X and Y buttons were being considered this time around).

I predict this will be Nintendo's new Virtual Boy

Arioch said:

Lovely, grease coated, fingerprint plastered touch screen.

don't you ever wash your hands!?

Cyb said:

don't you ever wash your hands!?

What's the demographic on prepubescents with excellent hygiene?

DS must stand for Dumb Shit. Their sorry excuses for a digital control pads and lack of a good button layout were bad enough. Now they're going for the awesome control of a touch screens which of course are known to be almost as responsive and accurate as a some Mad Catz or Interact/Performance/STD shit soaked in molasses.

Numbermind said:

What's the demographic on prepubescents with excellent hygiene?

Or pubescents, really. You get a lot greasier as you go through puberty.

Great, first cars that look like mussels, then online final fantasy games, now this..where will the madness end

Well, I'm not buying the DS then.

Unless you can put yourself in games and actually feel the burn.

Cmon don't decide yet, it might be something cool, or not even true at all. I still don't see a link.

What does the DS stand for?

And yes, what the HELL is wrong with control pads?

Lengis said:

DS stands for Dual Screen

Or "Die Sony" as it might stand. (blatantly ripped from gamespy's Fargo)

I suspect it'll be a tilt type machine. I remember they sort of experimented with that a while ago