Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lengis

BREAKING NEWS: the Nintendo DS will be buttonless

Arioch said:

Lovely, grease coated, fingerprint plastered touch screen.

There are such things as fingerprint proof screens. My old mobile phone had one, so why not this?

IIRC the GBA and the GBA:SP has a fingerprint resistant/Scratch Reslistant screen

this whole "2-screen" gimmick sounds about as useless as the redicuolously over hyped "2 RIDERS IN ONE CART OMG WTF!!!!!" idea of Mario Kart Double Dash...... abso-fuckin-lutely useless.

Please read DaJuice's post, it's 8 posts above this one I believe. It sounds pretty cool to me.

they would write that much stuff about the crappy "dual riders" idea as well when they overhyped it. okay, i do exaggerate a bit because i realize nothing can be as rediculously lame as the "dual riders" idea, but it still sounds overhyped in a similar manner.

Hey, a lot of people really liked the two-rider system. I can't really comment on it, myself, because I haven't played Double Dash yet, but the fact is, it was a generally well-liked addition to the series, and everyone I've talked to who's played it seems to enjoy it, so I don't really know how valid that statement is.

Dual-Riders...

Co-Op Grand Prixes are fecking fun. You sir are a blithering wreck who has never had a good time in front of your Cathrode Ray masters.

geekmarine said:

Hey, a lot of people really liked the two-rider system. I can't really comment on it, myself, because I haven't played Double Dash yet, but the fact is, it was a generally well-liked addition to the series, and everyone I've talked to who's played it seems to enjoy it, so I don't really know how valid that statement is.

its rediculous, and i don't know why so many people love DD when you can just play the infinitely better Mario Kart 64, because the only thing that DD adds to the series is that crappy 2 rider system, much worse control, and bland, boring tracks (my biggest problem with the game)....

here, let me describe how the 2 rider system works. you select 2 riders you want. the riders don't affect your speed or anything at all, that depends on the cart you choose. the only reason for picking riders is to basically choose what 2 special weapons you want (and it really doesn't matter, remember the 3 shells? thats now 2 characters' special weapon, others include a large banana peel, a large shell, and theres a couple which is an egg that does the exact same as a red shell except it leaves a mushroom and a banana peel where it hits. woo-hoo. as you can see the special weapons aren't really a big addition to the game in the slightest...)... i remember one of the biggest hypes was "YOU CAN SWITCH RIDERS IN MID RACE!!!".... it does absolutely NOTHING to switch riders, no speed change, or anything. all it does is if you by chance get a special weapon, the one riding will be the one that you get. and why bother switching anyway? if you get a double item, both characters have them on hold, and when you use the first, it automatically switches riders. you won't even notice or care what character is driving during the game. all you are concentrating on is getting items as usual and trying your best to steer these slippery carts through very boring tracks. ...... and oh yeah, i guess the other "big addition" to the 2 rider system is that when you use a banana peel, you see a character throwing it instead of it coming out of your cart. WOW!

........ thats it. the double riders idea adds NOTHING. DD is an addition to the series that adds nothing and replaces the great tracks of MK64 with really bland dumbed down tracks (i cant stress this enough, theres only about 3 or 4 great tracks). and did i mention the game is slow, no sense of speed? "Dumbed Down Mario Kart" is the best way i can put it.... theres no reason to get it when you can have shitloads more fun with MK64, a classic.

I guess you don't have any friends or you'd realize how infinitely awesome DD is.

Ralphis said:

I guess you don't have any friends or you'd realize how infinitely awesome DD is.

i do have a couple, but nobody is interested in playing the game with me. but i'm all ears, tell me what makes it so infinitely awesome, because i would love for it to be. just remember nothing you say is gonna make me think any differently about the super shitty tracks, which is a huge blow to the game, as i feel tracks are by far the most important part of ANY racing game.