E3M5 - 0:23 -0:01
E3M6 - 0:23 -0:02
E3M7 - 0:48 -0:07
E3M8 - 0:07 -0:11
-----------------
TOTAL 3:15 -0:33
-----------------

e3m1 - nothing to say
e3m2 - someone may do it for 12 seconds except Sedlo? Very hard worked record by Sedlo (without strafe50!!!)
e3m3 - 21 without BFG was easy.
e3m4 - nothing to say
e3m5 - thank God for Ocelot talent. 22 possible with this route but I did not want to start all over again (how about skip platform movements line?)
e3m6 - 22 seconds probably here, but... the same reason
e3m7 - The rocketjump from the area with a yellow key to an exit is possible. I am right? But I had no health.
E3M8 - It was easy with BFG. Five minutes.

w00t

/me downloads right away

EDIT: Just watched it, pretty impressive stuff :)

Very nice, though not quite as impressive as your E4 run. For the rocket jump to the exit in E3M7 - maybe there's some powerup that can be picked in some earlier level without losing too much time? For example, there are both a soul sphere and a megaarmor in E3M3 not too far off the route. And there's a soul sphere near the exit in E3M6, behind six cacodemons (BFG:ing required, heh).

Though an E2 run will be nice now, what I'm looking forward to most is still an eventual continuation of your Doom 2 max run.

entryway said:

e3m2 - someone may do it for 12 seconds except Sedlo? Very hard worked record by Sedlo (without strafe50!!!)
e3m5 - thank God for Ocelot talent. 22 possible with this route but I did not want to start all over again (how about skip platform movements line?)

You're not Sedlo or Ocelot, so why don't you stop comparing yourself to non-TAS talent. Otherwise, good work. :)

Well these are entertaining as usual. I was a bit disappointed with e3m1. I think 25 is clearly possible there, maybe even 24. You had a decent pig pass in the corridor(but I think it's still not optimal) and at the end it's definitely possible to exit killing only 3 imps even with opening the door before the third dies. Well overall pretty good so I'm still very much hoping to see episode 2. Btw for e2m6 there's a couple of tricks I would like to see. Near the exit when you go into the maze if you leave a pistol guy alive sometimes he will wander around and keep the door open(the one right before the first key door. It has happened more than once to Dashiva. If you want a demo of this trick head over to slimy.com/mirra and look at the demo by Chris Laverdure(dashiva) I think that one has it. Also the door to the dark room with the red key can probably be opened by a pig. Well cheers Andrey.

A Question for Andrey :

Do you think your TAS prBoom would work in coop ?

If not, would it need some tweaking ?

I remember trying old TASDoom.exe in coop, and it was very strange when one player pressed the slo mo key.

I ask that because it would be cool to see a TAS Coop run thru the
Doom games. But if we do, it'll probably not be excessively optimized due to lack of time.

VinceDSS said:

...and it was very strange when one player pressed the slo mo key.

How did that 'very strange' look? :)

some kind of horrible lag, almost unplayable...

you need to rename tasdoom.exe to doom2.exe and run it with IPXsetup
I tried that ages ago.

What is the maximal height of sector (theoretically) with a key that it could be taken directly? (such as yellow key on the Alien Vendetta map02)

Fredrik said:

And there's a soul sphere near the exit in E3M6

It much better than to come back to the e3m3 :)
It is necessary to find out: such jump is possible or not.

Though an E2 run will be nice now, what I'm looking forward to most is still an eventual continuation of your Doom 2 max run.

You don't give me to have a rest. Why you do not want to help me?

entryway said:

Your illusions about my opinion is only your problems

I wasn't the only one who thought so, so I don't believe them to be illusions; the comparisons are just unnecessary. That's not to say you don't deserve credit for what you've accomplished, however. Don't take it too personally, as it was simply an observation. :)

I'm not trying to fight with you or anything, and perhaps some misunderstanding occurred. Come on, look at these eyes 0_0 <- can you see the sincerity? ;)

Vile said:

the comparisons are just unnecessary.

Where you see this comparison?
I wanted to tell that I am stunned with Sedlo's result. (12 seconds at the second level)
It was not easy for me to repeat it with slo-mo and strafe50

Come on, look at these eyes 0_0 <- can you see the sincerity? ;)

:)))

entryway said:

What is the maximal height of sector (theoretically) with a key that it could be taken directly? (such as yellow key on the Alien Vendetta map02)

Finding an exact measure would be a trial-and-error process, although the yellow key grab in e2m7 would be pretty close to it, IMO. According to the C-N trick page, the e2m7 key grab shouldn't even be possible from that height, generally, but for some reason it can be done there.

I understood Andrey to be giving Sedlo and ocelot credit for their runs, but think he expressed it rather unclearly, probably due to limitations in his English. Perhaps it would make sense for him to release Russian-language text-files too, in which he can express his thoughts with greater clarity.

I appreciate the effort Andrey makes in producing English-language text-files. Though I would suggest that he adds near the start "This is a tool-assisted demo.", just to remove any confusion.

entryway said:

You don't give me to have a rest. Why you do not want to help me?

I'm giving you moral support ;), and I'm afraid that's all I can do... at least until I have time to figure out how your PrBoom modification works, let alone figure out how to play that neatly (even with tool assistance).

VinceDSS said:

Do you think your TAS prBoom would work in coop ?

It is necessary to try. But I do not think that it will work

Why is everyone being so hard on this guy?

He has the fastest UV Speed time, tool-assisted or not, on EVERY single individual Doom and Doom II level except those in D1-Ep2, and that's extremely amazing, IMO.

The thing that (mildly) upset some people was that Andrey used a far greater degree of tool assistance than Sedlo had done (including both fully-automated strafe-50 and the ability to turn while using it - a physical impossibility in the original game), but appeared to be making direct comparisons with Sedlo's TAS times (and the non-TAS times by Sedlo and ocelot).

I don't believe he meant any harm or disrespect by this though, and if English were his first language, then I am sure he would have stated things with greater clarity from the outset. I believe this was all resolved at the time, and no one harbours any grudges from this, so there's no need to reopen it.

And yes, these demos are a remarkable achievement, and the tool Andrey developed in order to create them is a very nice piece of work indeed.