Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Doom 3 XBox Trailer

And thus the E3 madness begins. Head over to ign.com to check out a new trailer for Doom 3 on XBox. It includes some new looks at the monsters and some previously unseen levels. While I'm not sure how much the PC and XBox levels will mirror each other, the majority of the other resources appear to be the same, so you can perhaps take this to be a preview of the PC version as well. You can select from a large 75mb hires version or a smaller 20mb version if your connection isn't that great.

Why does xbox get everything?? Why dont we get a PC trailer with all that cool shit in it.

Also did you guys notice the framereate was bad on that thing?

Holy shit that's sweet.

Intel17
Also did you guys notice the framereate was bad on that thing?

That might be because it's a QuickTime movie.

No. The PC trailer had decent framfrates. but you can CLEARLY notice slowdowns on the Xbox version.

That might be because this trailer was encoded at a lower framerate, or you're seeing the wrong things. Can you be specific?

fudge. where can i download them? te quicktime update server isnt responding which one do I need?

Heh, the revenant still makes the same old sounds that it does in Doom 2.

TH-555 said:

fudge. where can i download them? te quicktime update server isnt responding which one do I need?

answer me dammit!

TH555: Be patient. Somebody is bound to asnwer you at some point. Swearing won't get you anything.

Questions on DW often don't get answered within five hours, let alone five minutes. Anyway, it's difficult to tell what specific codec it needs, so you'll probably need to download a pack. Do a search for 'codec pack' on Google or something.

BTW, 'fudge' is swearing now? WTF?

AgentSpork said:

Heh, the revenant still makes the same old sounds that it does in Doom 2.

Yeah i noticed that too, Absolute class!!! Hope more monsters do the same. Plus i have to admit, the scenery (like the flesh on the walls) was great, the zombies had facial differences and there heads explode and there were quite a few new enemies too... ID get this game out now.

I updated my post with an answer.

Remember: in future, if in doubt, google it.

I know where to get the codecs, I just dont know which one I need. after this Im going to need some sleep

what do you guys think of the sound from the trailer? personally i dont think that they are very good, they sound a little "wimpy" (mostly the gun sounds) but maybe this is just the xbox version? or it could just be the video, i dont know....

Pretty cool trailor, nice to see some fleshy walls. Although I thought too that the framerate seemed to go to shit when the actual action started. Saw more gibbing than in the trailor from the E3 last year too. Although I didn't like seeing a zombie gib eeasily after being shot with what looked like the shotgun.

Wasn't an X-Box Doom3 trailor released early at the E3 last year, only for a longer PC trailor to come out later on in the show. So maybe we'll get something more from the PC version in a few days?

The gibbing seems better than the usual game but still doesn't look right IMO. There seems to show a new monster and it looks like the shotgun has a secondary fire mode. Looks promising.

There's a monster with mandibles ... and it doesn't look like the arch vile in that PCG 2002 article...

The Hell Knight seems to go prone near the end, then rears up and charges.

Revenant teleportation sequence - yum.

It seems like I saw zombies get blown into skeletons after being shot only once; check it at 1:48, 1:53, and 1:57.

Fredrik said:

That might be because this trailer was encoded at a lower framerate, or you're seeing the wrong things. Can you be specific?

Check the part that starts at 0:39, and you can see an obvious framerate drop that isn't the fault of the codec. Other areas are much smoother.

Bloodshedder said:

At least one of them is another player (deathmatch?) ... and notice the (whole) brain that flies out as he dies.

Another one seems to be a scientist being hit with an alt-fire (maybe) on the shotgun, which would probably do enough damage to explain the old Doom-style gibbing.

Looks exciting! Better than I would have expected from xbox.

BlackFish said:

Heh. This is one of the things that I'll be bumping into during e3.

The Doom3 demo should be closing in soon :)

I really hope there will be a demo soon!

Excuse me while I go remove the feces that developed in my underpants while watching that.

That's getting me so excited....

Btw, anyone notice the imp has two eyes again? That kind of relieves me...

i doubt about the demo....that will delay release of doom 3.
man that trailer was sweet! It's good to know that there will be gibs! I thought monsters would just fall down when shot.

so the new monsters:
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12320/wtf.JPG
weird...funny looking

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12320/wtf2.JPG
lol. LOOK! ITS HELLBOY!

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12320/wtf3.JPG