Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

New Doom3 (PC) Screenshot

I just saw this picture posted at planetdoom. Cool shot. Is that motion blurring on his claw?

The bumpmapping on the ceiling looks better than that on the walls (Strange)

Creepy....I really do wish the hell knight looked more like it did in doom2. But it looks scary enough. One odd thing is that I can't see any eyes.

DD_133 said:

One odd thing is that I can't see any eyes.

I dont think he has eyes, much like the creatures from the Alien movies.

Assmaster said:

I dont think he has eyes, much like the creatures from the Alien movies.

Actually he does, on each side of the head. They are really small. though.

Assmaster said:

Really? That kinda stinks actually. I preferred the whole eyeless idea.

So did I...but didn't want to say anything. :P

You see a small blue dot here near its nose, which is its eye. All predators have eyes on the front of their face. non-predators (e.g. bunnies) on the side of their head.

The Revenant and the Archvile look weaker than the Hell Knight, I hope that they aren't. Probably they are smarter and deadlier but have a less hps.

The only thing that annoys me about the hell knight is that the drool is always perpendicular to the face, not the floor.

Arioch said:

The only thing that annoys me about the hell knight is that the drool is always perpendicular to the face, not the floor.

Bugreport

Arioch said:

Well, the hellknight, AND his drool, has its own laws of gravity!

oh no!!!!!!! whatever shall we do???? The drool is not falling to the floor!!!!!! OMGZZZ!!!!!!

I'd call it nitpickiness, but then I'd be a bigass hypocrite, since I tend to nitpick on Doom 3 myself (anybody remember some of my countless posts whining about the Doomguy not wearing gloves? :-P).

I've seen that one before.

Too be honest i'm losing faith in doom3 now. Flame me if you want but i'd say he looks too blocky.

On the other hand i still need to see it in action (apart from the alpha).

dsm said:

I'd call it nitpickiness, but then I'd be a bigass hypocrite, since I tend to nitpick on Doom 3 myself (anybody remember some of my countless posts whining about the Doomguy not wearing gloves? :-P).

YES I DO!
:P

Zoorado said:

Looks more like a composite/collage than a real screenshot to me.

I'm pretty sure it's a composit.

BlueSonnet said:

I've seen that one before.

Too be honest i'm losing faith in doom3 now. Flame me if you want but i'd say he looks too blocky.
On the other hand i still need to see it in action (apart from the alpha).

I'm gonna regret responding to this - I know it.

Anyways, the HK looks blocky on this screen because it's pretty close to the model. Personally, I don't think it looks as blocky as I had feared (I remember the screenie with the close up of the imp - ugh!). When we see this thing in motion, it will look sweet I'm sure.

Remember, the character models are pretty low-poly (by today's standards) - the only advantageous thing about the Doom 3 engine is when the characters move.

When you're playing the game, frantically blasting monsters, I doubt you'll have time to notice the actual blockyness of the monsters. At any rate, I'd recommend that you at least try the demo of Doom 3 (there will be one, but most likely not until some time after release) before your final judgement.

Nah, my only beef lies with the character texturing - it kinda looks too sharp to look cinematic, but maybe I won't notice that when I see it in motion.

Fredrik said:

Why would it be a composite?

Reasons?

1. The hand is blurry
2. The Hellknight seems pasted.

Although I wouldn't be surprised that the game would actually look this good, it simply feels like it was photoshopped. This doesn't resemble a normal screenshot, it looks like a poster, a flyer, whatever you'd want to call it.

There is already motion blur in the game for when you get hit. I don't see why the same effect wouldn't be possible to use on individual objects in motion.

And even if it has been edited somehow, the model is quite obviously the same as the one that'll be in the game.

It's comped, the motion blur was done in photoshop or something. Either way that's an ugly pic, bad way to show off the game, and we've all seen the HK a hundred times.

Intel17 said:

Whoa if thats in game, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's ingame. Perhaps with a few modifications.

I really want to see like a 30 second clip of each of the monsters getting shot. Everytime I look at a pic of them I wonder what they are going to do or look like when they've been shot or wounded. Will a bullet leave a mark in them? Or will they just whip back?

Intel17 said:

How badly modified is it? is it pretty much close to the in game model?

The ingame model looks like that, but people are unsure if the motion blur is ingame or not.

so the rendering of the hellknight is that good but the motion blur is questionable right?