Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slave of SaTaN.

the best doom level

what do you guys think is the best doom level i mean what makes a doom level one of the best
my personal favourites are the final doom wads i think they look and play a lot better than the doom 1 and 2 wads and they are a lot harder too {on ultra violence}

p.s. anyone who have not seen the darken2 wads download them now they are really cool.

Slave of SaTaN. said:

what do you guys think is the best doom level i mean what makes a doom level one of the best
my personal favourites are the final doom wads i think they look and play a lot better than the doom 1 and 2 wads and they are a lot harder too {on ultra violence}

Most Original Thread Award

As for my favorite Doom map, it's probably one of the E1 maps. As for Doom2, it's either map04 (The Focus), map11 (Circle of Death/O of Destruction), map14 (Inmost Dens) or map28 (The Spirit World).

I like Chris Hansen's Maps-because they have some unique mood and atmosphere of classic Doom that no one can mimic so well as this guy. (fave-HelpYourselfish)
I like Kaiser's maps-most of them have parts inspired by PSX Final Doom/Doom or Doom64 levels, makes me remember good ol' times (fave-DSV5)
I also love Chris Lutz's style of making maps-huge portion of realism, and I don't mean square-y chairs, but realism! Play and see 4 Yourself. (fave-Caverns Of Darkness)

A ToP Ten will be usefull... (i know doomworld make this year by year) but i mean using votes and so...

DooMBoy said:

Most Original Thread Award

Actually, I don't think "best individual maps" is a very well-worn topic at all. Normally it's "best megawad" or sometimes "best one-map pwad".

I gave a list here. That was a while ago though, and I'd substitute a few newer ones (e.g. from Vile Flesh, HR2 et al.) by now. Note that HR2 map08 was moved to map13 for the final release.

I don't remember which Doom this's from, but it starts in a small, dark room, with lots of ammo, then you teleport into a bigass green room with a huge toxic pit. There, the strongest monster sin the game (CyberDemons, Mancubi, Arch-Villes) spawn for a long time. I've beaten it once, and only once, on "Hurt me Plenty". Maybe one of you recognize this level.