Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaJuice

Unreal Engine 3 good-res pics

What i like most in this techdemo is besides it looks fantastic, are the animations off the characters (the monkey like things) at the end. They are pretty lifelike. Detaill on the caracters is pretty amazing aswell.

On a sidenote: I getting a bit tired of all the next generation engine and next generation vid card stuff. Will this ever end? I would like to see some more next generation gameplay experience stuff.

Either way, there is good money to be made by licensing the engine.

sargebaldy said:

After the horror that was Unreal 2 you think they'd have just given up...

Heh, Unreal 2 was done by Legend Entertainment, who have since folded, apparently.

AndrewB said:

Pretty predictable. Nothing surprising except the level of boredom in the image.

I don't exactly think they're going for "awesome action" with this demo, but rather "whacking off with the editor, and trying to make things look as pretty as possible".

You know, like the tech test for the Unreal Engine 2.

AndrewB said:

Have I responded to this thread yet? Meh, whatever.

Pretty predictable. Nothing surprising except the level of boredom in the image.

Just when you thought he couldn't get any more cynical...

I just saw the video (after about waiting for an hour for it to download) and I'm pritty impressed by the whole thing. I've always liked unreal, although the seccond game wasn't as great IMHO, but it was okay I suppose...

Anyway, I'd love to see a game that incorperates this new engine :).

The game looks extremely stunning and to imagine we'll be able to be shooting at these highly detailed creatures and incredible looking environments in about two years...