Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

Here is a 10 second UV-SPEED of a map I found while trawling through the archives. It's called One Park Avenue and you can find it here I spent 18 minutes beating this level first time around, only to realize I could have beaten it in under 18 seconds hence my motivation to record this demo ;) Nothing special, but enjoy anyway!

It was recorded in Prboom-plus 2.5.0.1.

1park10.zip

Here's a set of three demos by me (and Early, of course) on CLIFF.WAD, a rather neat level from the early days of mapping (1st half of '94). It includes speed, max, and (1st-exit) NM demos.

mykcliff.zip

UV max demos for three of Michael Rapp's earlier levels, pre-dating his level in Memento Mori. I'd say more, but I'm too worn-out from demoing at the moment to do so, so just watch them.

M2R1-609.ZIP - UV max on MRDM2101.WAD by Michael Rapp in 6:09 (includes a bug demo)
M2R2-725.ZIP - UV max on MRDM2201.WAD by Michael Rapp in 7:25
M2R3-629.ZIP - UV max on MRDM2301.WAD by Michael Rapp in 6:29

Here are four new demos for a 1994 map I've recorded on before. I did a UV speed demo for WADPAK1A.WAD E2M4 in :32; last night, I discovered a shortcut that let me shave off sixteen seconds... which galvanized me not only to record that, but to do NM speed, UV max, and NM100S demos for it, too. :P These demos are for the standalone version, since it makes no sense to record on a level in a compilation WAD when an identical version can be downloaded separately. Ryback ought to watch the UV max demo, in particular. ;)

LGMT-TGH.ZIP - Demos for LONGMTCH.WAD by Shane Boyer

• LGMT-016.LMP - UV speed in 0:16
  • LGMTn017.LMP - NM speed in 0:17
  • LGMT-246.LMP - UV max in 2:46 (!)
  • LGMTs048.LMP - NM100S in 0:48

The Green Herring said:

Ryback ought to watch the UV max demo, in particular. ;)

Yeah yeah, the rocket launcher :) I actually got an email pointing out my mistake after I released the demopack, believe it or not...

myk said:

I was watching these. Good runs. One thing, though; levels 16-29 and 31-32 were recorded without Doom compatibility. Those are PrBoom demos.

Aww, sorry for mentioning it wrong.
Now. I wanted to record these Demon Fear MAPs in DOOM2.EXE so they match the rest of the pack, and to my surprise, I managed to get good times very fast, many have better times and some are the same time. I got so much skill in the last 2 months.
I've attached the new pack with the new demos.
Download the wad here Demon Fear
Here's the times

MAP01: 0:07 (UV-Speed)
MAP02: 0:13 (UV-Speed)
MAP03: 0:16 (UV-Speed)
MAP04: 0:48 (UV-Speed)
MAP05: 0:23 (UV-Speed)
MAP06: 0:16 (UV-Speed)
MAP07: 0:24 (UV-Speed)
MAP08: 0:03 (UV-Pacifist & Reality)
MAP09: 0:43 (UV-Speed)
MAP10: 0:39 (UV-Speed)
MAP11: 0:19 (UV-Speed)
MAP12: 0:38 (UV-Speed)
MAP13: 0:20 (UV-Speed)
MAP14: 0:18 (UV-Speed)
MAP15: 0:03 (UV-Pacifist & Reality)
MAP16: 0:05 (UV-Pacifist & Reality)
MAP17: 0:07 (UV-Speed)
MAP18: 0:10 (UV-Pacifist)
MAP19: 0:11 (UV-Pacifist)
MAP20: 0:37 (UV-Speed)
MAP21: 0:34 (UV-Speed)
MAP22: 0:08 (UV-Pacifist)
MAP23: 0:12 (UV-Speed)
MAP24: 0:12 (UV-Speed)
MAP25: 0:22 (UV-Pacifist)
MAP26: 0:14 (UV-Pacifist)
MAP27: 0:31 (UV-Speed)
MAP28: 0:06 (UV-Pacifist)
MAP29: 0:48 (UV-Speed)
MAP30: 0:17 (UV-Speed)
MAP31: 0:06 (UV-Pacifist & Reality)
MAP32: 0:34 (UV-Speed)

Edit: I couldn't attach the file, so I uploaded the demo pack here

Well done. There's some interesting running and jumping there.

The demos for levels 18, 20, 21, 23, 24 and 25 desynch because the levels have bad REJECT tables. I didn't know this WAD had this problem.

I'm not sure what's up with the attachment function, but this issue seems to affect you in particular. One thing you could try is attaching with another browser, if you have one installed.

EDIT: Ah, the REJECT issue is mentioned here, at least for level 25 (though other levels are hinted, mentioning Donner's demos).

Ah, okay, cool. I already had it from idgames and thus missed that.

Anyone know of any "comedic" demos? Like, ridiculously Tool-assisted demos of jokewads/impossible maps? I was working on Holyhell.wad UVMAX at a ridiculous 25% gamespeed. Seeing UVMAX/speedruns on some of the most obnoxious WADs would be a bit hilarious.

Four demos on a very old map. I'll let you see it for yourself. :)

R1Q1-TGH.ZIP - Demos on E1L1RQ.WAD by Raphaël Quinet

• R1Q1-003.LMP - UV speed in 0:03
  • R1Q1n003.LMP - NM speed in 0:03
  • R1Q1-109.LMP - UV max in 1:09
  • R1Q1s035.LMP - NM100S in 0:35
  • E1L1RQFX.WAD - Version of WAD with rebuilt REJECT, required to play back all four demos (due to a REJECT overflow in the original)
Also, I updated my MRDM2401.WAD demo .zip, as only a few minutes ago did I realize I put the entirely wrong -nomonsters demo in there. Now you know why the time I gave was one second off... :p

Belial said:

That was a fun map.

To Fight UV Max in 7:49

Heh. Easy map!

How about 32innail.wad\map05? There is a demo for cybersky.wad by Heretic, but there is not for 32innail\map05

Did a few demos for Dark Resolution 2008. Quite a few action packed maps here to have fun with.

This small pack of demos has maxruns for maps 1,2, and 10. Maps 1 and 2 are UV-Maxes while map 10 is a HMP-Max. Map 10 is a Death-Destiny map which basically means get ready to die or lose sanity if you dare attempt any of his maps on UV.

I was going to include a map 3 UV-Max, but during practice, I could not for the life of me figure out how to open up the BFG secret. I tried looking everywhere for the switch or panel to search/hit that would lower the blockade in front of the YSK door that leads to said BFG (I know where the YSK is at least). I gave up after 10-15 minutes of searching. If anyone knows how to open that one up, please tell me so I can get this level out of the way.

Map 11 will likely be done on HMP difficulty if I get around to it. I remembered trying this level on UV some time ago and didn't remember it being very pleasant at all, perhaps even riding on near impossible to complete without dying on UV. Anyone willing to attempt it on UV is welcome to try.

As it stands, the times for the demos in this pack are...

Map 1- 1:44
Map 2- 6:15
Map 10- 14:02

Attaching now.

drdemos.zip

Anima Zero said:

I was going to include a map 3 UV-Max, but during practice, I could not for the life of me figure out how to open up the BFG secret. I tried looking everywhere for the switch or panel to search/hit that would lower the blockade in front of the YSK door that leads to said BFG (I know where the YSK is at least). I gave up after 10-15 minutes of searching. If anyone knows how to open that one up, please tell me so I can get this level out of the way.

Heretic published a MAP03 max demo here. As for the BFG secret:

Spoiler

The blockade in front of the YSK door is tagged 666. To remove it, you must kill six Commander Keens. Five of them are in an off-level sector, and will be crushed/blown up once you activate a hidden switch at the southwest of the level. The remaining one is hidden in a secret compartment at the south of the level which is opened with a hidden switch. Once you've killed them all, the YSK leading to the BFG secret will be accessible.

Hopefully, that helps. I'll watch your demos, too.

Here are two different episode runs I recorded two days ago for the "greatest" Ultimate Doom episode ever. Hang on to your seat, 'cause these "impressive" runs will blow you away! ;p

UB-TGH.ZIP - UV episode runs for The Ultimate Battles (UB.WAD) by Matt Walter

• UB-106.LMP - UV speed in 1:06
  • UB-420.LMP - UV max in 4:20

This is a set of demos recorded on somebody's first level from 1994, because I could. This also includes a pair of 1-player coop demos, exploiting a rather stunning error on the level in cooperative multiplayer.

IPZN-TGH.ZIP - Demos on THE IMP ZONE (IMPZONE.WAD) by John A. Warren

• IPZN-034.LMP - UV speed in 0:34
  • IPZNn034.LMP - NM speed in 0:34
  • IPZN-331.LMP - UV max in 3:31
  • IPZNs057.LMP - NM100S in 0:57
  • IPZNx016.LMP - 1-player coop UV speed in 0:16
  • IPZNxn16.LMP - 1-player coop NM speed in 0:16