Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

Drown in Blood map22 max no deaths 27:56 (ZDoom 2.0.63a)

You have to use the included batch file if you watch this demo or else it will desync. I used 2.0.63a because the first trap doesn't work in newer versions (it was designed for ZDaemon so I didn't realize there was a map bug).

Even though this is a "no deaths" demo, there is one death. You must die at a certain part of the map if you want to reach the exit (this wad is intended for coop with respawning and some maps require you to die). The part where you die is a fake exit - you teleport to that area and walk over some linedefs that trigger the next part of the map (and reveal 4 megaspheres at the start), then you walk into the "exit" and die, then you respawn at the start and continue playing. Some might say this demo doesn't qualify as a "no deaths" run, but this is the only way to play this map in that style (and I don't abuse the fake exit as if it was a teleporter, I only enter it once). For a "deaths allowed" run, you could be more aggressive and die a few times while still saving time (plus I can think of at least one shortcut where a death+respawning at the start would be helpful).

I think you should try it from the link on Doomed SDA which has dfearfix.wad which makes it play in sync.

I have 4 UV Max demos for Suspended in Dusk. I'd swear there were demos for this WAD, but... probably I'm the first :)

LEVEL               TIME   KILLS/ITEMS/SECRETS %

MAP01               6:20      100   100   100
                MAP02               7:43      100   100   100
                MAP03              19:58      100    13   100
                MAP04               6:18      104   100   100

Total:             40:19

sidlmps.zip

vdgg said:

I'd swear there were demos for this WAD, but... probably I'm the first :)

My god you are right. How are there not heaps of demos for SID? Good work rectifying the situation :)

newgothic map 10 max in 25:44. Used hud to verify max kills at end.
Some sort of invisible mastermind ghost snuck up behind me and tried to chaingun my head off or something at about 23:00.. oh what, the normal chaingunner did that? Taking off nearly 100% life from that far away? Just the game cheating against me like usual.

newgothic-10-2544-cl9-max-ggg.zip

You could probably use that wad and demo to plead insanity if you ever find yourself on trial for something. My first exit was like an hour and a half (before watching your demo and w/o using doombuilder).

Longdays

NM Speed in 4:47

Not a serious demo... Assuming any of my other demos can be called "serious", anyway. ;)

lodan447.zip

Never_Again said:

Actually, you are not. I just haven't gotten around to writing a TXT for them yet.
Edit: I couldn't figure out the second secret on MAP04, though; thanks for showing me the way. Guess you record in high res? No way to see it @320x200...
BTW, you should turn on Extended Demo Format in Options/General so that your LMPs can be played with a single/double click from Explorer, without having to use a frontend or to write a demo pattern.

Heh, the secret was not too obvious but I remembered 2 years ago I found blue armor, so it should be doable somehow; Yes, high res. Even if I'm not the first, I'm glad of the effort put into my lmps.

gggmork said:

newgothic map 10 max in 25:44. Used hud to verify max kills at end.
Some sort of invisible mastermind ghost snuck up behind me and tried to chaingun my head off or something at about 23:00.. oh what, the normal chaingunner did that? Taking off nearly 100% life from that far away? Just the game cheating against me like usual.

Awesome demo !
At around 23:00 I think you actually got hit by the second Arch-Vile who was behind the Chainies.

Here are four demos I made today. The first three were done to continue Michael Novikov's journey through idgames/levels/doom. The last one is a Doom II demo and is for a decidedly far more recent level, just for a change of pace. Check them out.

D1T1-TGH.ZIP - Demos for dethe1m1.WAD by Frederick J. Bradley

• D1T1-018.LMP - UV speed in 0:18
  • D1T1-102.LMP - UV max in 1:02
DFAC-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Death Factory (DETHFACT.WAD) by "Steve"
  • DFAC-008.LMP - UV speed in 0:08.29
  • DFAC-022.LMP - UV max in 0:22.83
DFLW-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Death Flows Everywhere (DETHFLOW.WAD) by John Bullock
  • DFLW-154.LMP - UV speed in 1:54
  • DFLW-531.LMP - UV max in 5:31
SQIP-TGH.ZIP - Demos for squipple (squipple.wad) by goldenhog
  • SQIP-034.LMP - UV speed in 0:34
  • SQIP-228.LMP - UV max in 2:28

I've moved the Icarus and Phml demos to threads specifically for those wads. It keeps things a bit neater of this thread is reserved for demos that don't fit in anywhere else.

If you intend to record a lot of demos on a wad, or you think it is obviously one that will engender a lot of recording interest from other people too, then feel free to start a new thread for it.

Here are demos for four more levels, continuing Maikl's idgames/ quest. You'll recognize the first level because I posted an FDA for it yesterday. Like I said, it's contained in an .ARJ file, so you can't find it unless you browse the FTP server. If you're wondering how to open an ARJ file, WinRAR is capable of doing so. With that said, enjoy!

DSTR-TGH.ZIP - Demos for DETHSTAR.WAD by Jackson Harvey

• DSTR-047.LMP - UV speed in 0:47
  • DSTR-218.LMP - UV max in 2:18
DTRP1042.ZIP - UV max on DETHTRAP.WAD by Tony Donno in 10:42

DWLK-TGH.ZIP - Demos for DETHWALK.WAD by Bradley Hoza
  • DWLK-020.LMP - UV max in 0:20.89
  • DWLKa048.LMP - "Alternate route" UV max (no BFG) in 0:48.63
  • DWLK-003.LMP - UV speed/pacifist in 0:03.57
DEUM-540.ZIP - UV max on Escape from Planet Deum (DEUM.WAD) by Tony Priest in 5:40

Here are four more sets of demos for Michael Novikov's idgames/doom/d-f/ quest. I ignored HOUSE.WAD (in dhouse.zip) because ultimately, I didn't see much of a point in demoing a level with no monsters, items, or secrets, and whose exit you can reach in less than three seconds.

DEVL-TGH.ZIP - Demos for DEVIL.WAD by Eric Falsken

• DEVL-032.LMP - UV speed in 0:32
  • DEVL-343.LMP - UV max in 3:43
DVIN-TGH.ZIP - Demos for The Devil Incarnate (DEVINC.WAD) by Dave Peacock
  • DVIN-026.LMP - UV speed in 0:26
  • DVIN-052.LMP - UV max in 0:52
DFLD-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Death Field (DFIELD.WAD) by Adam Holz
  • DFLD-008.LMP - UV speed in 0:08.49
  • DFLD-110.LMP - UV max in 1:10.23
DIAM-TGH.ZIP - Demos for DIAMOND1.WAD*, by an unknown author
  • DIAM-008.LMP - UV speed in 0:08
  • DIAM-038.LMP - UV max in 0:38
  • DIAMo002.LMP - UV -nomonsters in 0:02
* Only DIAMOND1.WAD was recorded on, as DIAMOND2.WAD is just the same level with larger pillars.

I also did improvements on two WADs that Michael previously recorded on. Because of their relationship to DEVIL.WAD, I did demos for both Annex Of Death, and the two-level WAD Kingdom of Death, which is... Annex Of Death and DEVIL.WAD, only with bad sound replacements. For the latter, I did what Michael did and recorded two-level demos.

ANNX-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Annex Of Death (ANNEX.WAD) by Ryan McGrail
  • ANNX-019.LMP - UV speed in 0:19
  • ANNX-040.LMP - UV max in 0:40
DETH-TGH.ZIP - UV movies for Kingdom of Death (DEATH.WAD) by Eric Falsken and Ryan McGrail
  • DETH-052.LMP - UV speed movie in 0:52
  • DETH-418.LMP - UV max movie in 4:18

Was trying to do a speed run of map 01 of "Baker's Dozen". however, I found that if you don't stop and kill many of the monsters, you will get overtaken after getting the red key. Anyone have some suggestions on how to get past hordes that try to block you in?

(Baker's Dozen FDA)
I just did a first demo attempt to see what the problem was (yeah, yeah, I know I'm the one who recommended you the maps, but I actually just skipped the first ones ten seconds in and played the later maps).

The imps did slow me down and I almost got killed, but it was mostly due to my ineptitude and lack of knowledge of the map. Just shoot them with the RL (and get the box I try and fail to grab) and you should be fine. Also, I missed the SSG secret at first, so I suspect it'd be much easier with it.

bd01fdaphml19minutes100kills50secrets.zip

Hi again. I recorded another speed run. This time map 01 of Journey to Hell by Isaac Rodriguez. But there's a catch, I fired no bullets and made not one attack in this one. Here's the megawad as well since it appears it's not in the archive.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2yd3y4zynm/jth_01ns.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gziydftmw0i/jth.zip