Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

VinceDSS said:

his reaction about our questions was not straightforward (as he could have done what you said and defend himself).

That leads me to think he was not honest with his demos ...

Thats kinda like driving under the influence, if you refuse to take the test, there is a very strong possibility that you are guilty. The cops take it as such.

Yeah, I agree that his reaction just makes him look dishonest about his demos. If he has nothing to hide then I wish he would defend himself.

gotta say it's hard to trust any of his super-skilled demos at this point.

I'm starting to have doubts too...

... Not about Okuplok.

People who cheat are always the first ones to point fingers at others, in order to detract attention from themselves. Some folks here seem to put an awful lot of effort bashing Oku, days after he's gone.

Please keep this thread for miscellaneous demos and discussions of them.

If you wish to continue to discuss alleged cheating by Okuplok or others, start a new thread for it. And before doing so, please consider whether your post is actually helpful to the demo community.

Thanks.

DoomHero85 said:

@vdgg: Here's a WOS map 20 uv-max in 13:32. def can be improved, but it's a really tough map and I personally don't feel like trying for something faster.

WOS is being done on youtube by a friend of mine named megasonic, it is on zdoom but his times are not to be rude but a vast improvement over your times. Here is his map20 uvmax:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYL1vNGIcWw

It's not very fair to compare ZDoom demos to Doom/Boom demos, the BLOCKMAP fix alone makes things a lot easier even if you use no other ZDoom features (and I don't think the monsters behave exactly like in Doom/Boom even if compatibility options are set that way).

UnholyMessias said:

WOS is being done on youtube by a friend of mine named megasonic, it is on zdoom but his times are not to be rude but a vast improvement over your times. Here is his map20 uvmax:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYL1vNGIcWw

I just wanted to say thank you very much for this. Since playing through WOS myself, I've been wanting to see some UV-Maxes, especially of the later levels. Your friend is a skilled and fun-to-watch player, and I don't mind that it's done in ZDoom.

A failed UV Max attempt (97% kills) on Phobos: Anomaly Reborn, E1M4. Notable for killing a lost soul in one shotgun shot. Purist will say it's not vanilla (complevel -9)... Andy, please don't upload it to the Speed Demos Archive, this demo will appear as a bonus added to a real Max demo when it's done.

par-soul.zip

I'd suggest putting the speed maps in the zip with the demos, otherwise in the future the WAD links may be dead, making the demo attachments kind of pointless.