Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

@ vdgg: I should have put in that it is a perfect UV-max run. i.e. I got everything.

So I tried Baker's Dozen Map13. Yeah, that's a tough one ; took me over half an hour, and I didn't even get 100% kills (killed Icon of Sin too soon). I'm glad I didn't die at all.

It's not a "real" FDA though because I remember IDclipping through this map to check it out when the wad was updated on the archives. That said, it was only sight-seeing and for all of two minutes, and in this demo it shows as I'm completely confused as where to go most of the time.

bd13fdaphml.zip

Here's a pack of demos I did for "Mini-level Megawad" (mlm12.wad)
Demos are for maps 1, 2, 4, 8, and 14. All UV-speed.

Enjoy!

What do u guys think of these demos? Are they pretty good? Any suggestions on increasing speed in any of them?

mlm12speeds.zip

Here is my next entry in the quest to record on every level in idgames/levels/doom/. This time, it's a set of demos for a full episode replacement which includes an extra "special deathmatch" level. More details in the text file.

DKWD-TGH.ZIP - UV max demos for DickWad (DICKWAD.WAD) by Warren Racz, Mark Rempel, and Vinzez Barut

• D3K1-110.LMP - E3M1 in 1:10
  • D3K2-319.LMP - E3M2 in 3:19
  • D3K3-649.LMP - E3M3 in 6:49
  • D3K4-712.LMP - E3M4 in 7:12
  • D3K5-511.LMP - E3M5 in 5:11
  • D3K6-539.LMP - E3M6 in 5:39
  • D3K7-529.LMP - E3M7 in 5:29
  • D3K8-107.LMP - E3M8 in 1:07 (WARNING: requires original, registered Doom v1.9, or PrBoom+ with -complevel 2 added to the command line; see text file for details)
  • D3K9-235.LMP - E3M9 in 2:35
  • D1K1-451.LMP - E1M1 in 4:51

Enigma MAP04 (Gulch) - UV Max in 9:33. Grazza seems to like this map, hope he'll like my demo as well. Anyway, a map with 11 light amplification visors has to be more than crazy!

en04-933.zip

some sunder demos i did a while ago

uv-max
map01 4:17
map02 10:23
map05 16:28
map06 15:15
map07 18:23
map09 33:08
map10 40:42

nms100
map04 5:35

sd-oku.zip

Okuplok said:

that's all? just like that? yeah, just post it in misc demos like no big deal. i'm gonna cry. :) this shit is insane, ridiculous, inhuman. oku is made of god and impossible.

I have to echo dew's sentiment here. sunder 7 and 8 are prob. my favs. they have been kicking my ass real regular recently. so they just get dropped here like nothing. HOLY crap. I can not wait to see these. Yowzer! Thanks for these.

Okuplok said:

I was impressed by your insane skill :)
awesome demos !!!!

by the way
the file sd06-1515
it's level 5 UV-Max in the zip file, not level 6
please fix it

I gotta agree. These are just so smooth and clean. More than impressive!

deaffink said:

beyv1.wad e1m1
skill 4 speed 1:17
skill 5 speed 1:29

Heh, nice one. I didn't know it was possible to squeeze past the crates.

Side glide (32 unit hole with alignment support) after little practice become a childish trick. Straight glide (for example PL08P019) is far more difficult.

Scythe2 MAP26 UV Max. I used -complevel 9 for a reason unknown to me. The demo is fine, though.

EDIT: it obviously cannot be run under Vanilla, but forcing -complevel 2 does not cause out of sync problems. May be moved to scythe2 thread if admins find it appropriate

s226-554.zip

The reason it doesn't desynch is because PrBoom+ ignores your attempt to force a compatibility mode for a different engine behavior. You can force compatibility modes only when they still coincide with the demo version (such as in 2, 3 and 4.) I'll leave it here since it's for Boom and the thread is for Doom+ demos.

Well, here's my batch of idgames/levels/doom Quest demos for this week. One crappy WAD, one boring WAD, a deathmatch WAD with a broken REJECT, a short but fun WAD by a familiar name, another crappy WAD, and a decidedly average WAD. Hopefully, the "short but fun WAD" should make up for the rest. Note that I skipped DIETRYIN.WAD, even though it's located between the deathmatch WAD and the short WAD, because it's a misplaced Heretic level. Maybe if there was a "miscellaneous Heretic demos" thread, I could record demos for it. Oh, well, enjoy.

DIE-TGH.ZIP - Demos for DIE.WAD by Jonathan DeValentine

• DIE-347.LMP - UV max in 3:47
  • DIE-119.LMP - UV speed in 1:19
DFST-TGH.ZIP - Demos for DIEFAST! (DIEFAST.WAD) by Jawed Karim
  • DFST-140.LMP - UV max in 1:40
  • DFST-041.LMP - UV speed in 0:41
  • DFSTp043.LMP - UV pacifist in 0:43
DSCM-116.ZIP - UV max on DIESCUM.WAD, author unknown, in 1:16.49 (NOTE: The level has no exit; the time is the exact moment the last enemy dies.)
  • DIESCUMF.WAD - DIESCUM.WAD with a rebuilt REJECT; required for playback
  • DIESCUMX.WAD - Alternate version of DIESCUMF.WAD with music that works in all source ports (see text file for details)
BTBW-TGH.ZIP - Demos for BITEBWAD.WAD by Andy Leaver
  • B1W1-028.LMP - UV max on E1M1 in 0:28
  • B1W2-105.LMP - UV max on E1M2 in 1:05
  • B1W3-138.LMP - UV max on E1M3 in 1:38
  • B1W1-018.LMP - UV speed on E1M1 in 0:18
  • B1W2-025.LMP - UV speed on E1M2 in 0:25
  • B1W3-044.LMP - UV speed on E1M3 in 0:44
DILL-TGH.ZIP - Demos for The DILLY wad (DILL.WAD) by Dan Dorn
  • DIL1-257.LMP - UV max on E1M1 in 2:57
  • DIL21037.LMP - UV max on E1M2 in 10:37
  • DIL2-BUG.LMP - UV -nomonsters demonstration of a nodebuilding error (!) in E1M2
DMGT-TGH.ZIP - Demos for Dimension Gate (DIMGATE.WAD) by Martin Rice
  • DMGT-833.LMP - UV max in 8:33
  • DMGT-136.LMP - UV speed in 1:36

Okuplok said:

here's the sd06-1515 demo :)

i sent my sunder demos to Bloodite Krypto a while ago as he was intrested in them, luckily he still had them saved!

thank you ;)

I found okuplok demos here and on youtube pretty fishy, he barely takes any damages and looks way too easy. Even godlike players like anders, vile or gusta don't come out of big fights totally unhurt.

I suspect use of TAS, yet I understand I may be wrong :)
Check out on youtube, he has plenty of demos not released here that look way too easy.