Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

Creaphis said:

Great demo; very slick. What's interesting to note is that the player in your demo doesn't seem to be in as big a hurry as the player in Memfis' - he's just getting stuff done at his own pace, which just happens to be very quick.

I watched both demos, it's what one usually gets when trying to do things exceptionally fast - and actually getting slower by shooting 2-3 times. Qaatar kills consistently several smaller monsters at once by lining them up for ssg shots, and saving rockets for the stronger enemies (archies, barons) which slow down a player using the ssg. I like demos where the player doesn't seem to even bother with the monsters, just keeps going.

Memfis said:

Wow, didn't expect to see that, great demo!

Here is another map from the author of Beluga:

For Whom The Bell Tolls MAP01 UV-Max in 6:47.

Nice demo. I'll have to check it out - I like this author's style.

Btw, for Andy (no need to respond): I forgot to credit Memfis/AZ for the route I used in my text file, so I reattached the demo. Please use the new version when uploading to DSDA. TY :)

Creaphis said:

What's interesting to note is that the player in your demo doesn't seem to be in as big a hurry as the player in Memfis' - he's just getting stuff done at his own pace, which just happens to be very quick.

That's exactly my impression. A good lesson.

-------------------

Here is a quick demo that I've made in 5 minutes and couldn't beat in the next 50:

Deimos Deja Vu E2M1 UV-Max in 1:45

ddvu21-145.zip

Excellent job on the chord3 UV-Max vdgg!

Got inspired watching it so I took my own crack at the map. Came up with a UV-Max that clocks in at 12:39. Very very tough and fun level.

ch3-1239.zip

Haha, my plan was to have all chord UV Max records all by myself... or at least as many as I could. Now it looks a bit more unlikely :) Nice strategy at the beginning, Anima, it didn't quite occur to me just to get SSG and CG and forget about the chainers. Using the cyber to kill some cacos and save ammo - also nice.

Anyway, here's result of my little research on Malcolm Sailor's maps. Before the chord series there were nosun series. Here's nosun4.wad UV Max.

nos4-401.zip

Tackling another chord map here, I went with a chord2 UV-Max. Changed up a few things to the current record's route early on and just tried to go fast obviously.

Time for my UV-Max comes to 10:35. Not the best run by any means due to the last couple of rooms going horribly bad. Did a real bang-up job in that final room and almost got myself killed as a result to boot.

It might be possible to get this under 10 minutes or close to it with enough effort poured into the attempts.

ch2-1035.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
I don't know if there's a thread for REQUIEM. If there is please tell me about it.

New threads have been created for the megawads noted below, for demos that aren't for Compet~n. The posts they have were taken from this thread, mainly. They follow similar rules to those for other WAD threads: the demos in them should optimally be in the WAD's native format (vanilla in these cases because they're all vanilla WADs.)

DOOM or the Ultimate DOOM
DOOM II: Hell on Earth
Final DOOM (TNT, Plutonia)
Alien Vendetta
Memento Mori
Memento Mori II
Requiem
Rebirth
Realm of Chaos

Some other miscellaneous posts were moved to existing threads (Kama Sutra, TVR, Hell Revealed, HR II, and so on.) Final DOOM has one thread for both IWADs but I guess we could split it in two if necessary. I didn't create one for the Classic Episode because I didn't spot any Classic Episode demos in miscellaneous. If anyone wants to upload vanilla compatible CE demos that don't apply to Compet~n, go right ahead and create a thread similar to the above, of course.

Very good job!
In Alien Vendetta thread, there is reply by Memfis that is related to AV but then he changes the subject and uploads demo from other wad (Afterdoom2). Perhaps that could be splitted somehow too.
For final doom demos, there is still pl16-232 by j4rio in the Misc. demos thread. (page 72)

Memfis said:

Finally a good long demo from me!

Whispers of Satan MAP14 UV-Max in 9:10

Nice time below 10 minutes, anyway I also got a old run that was done 2 months ago.

Whispers of Satan map31 - Space Station Skywalker(UV Max) by 14:38

p.s. The -complevel used should be 9, I forget to change it back inside the text file. It is because at the time I record this demo I was still using the old format of introduction. The old format I havn't list out the -complevel used.

wos-31-1438.zip

Thanks for the corrections Gusta, Memfis, all fixed!

didierbertrand said:
The beginning of the end part 2 e3m5 ultra-violence max in 13:18
only 99% kills possible, there is a caco in the chainsaw room hidden behind the wall, impossible to kill him without no clip cheat, if i wrong please tell me.

Yes, there's a caco in the void. You can kill it with the rocket launcher (about 6 rockets may be needed). This is very problematic, so I would not disqualify your demo as Max. I may try those end2 maps, they are awesome, but very difficult for recording...
------------------------------------------------
End1 E2M3 UV Max 7:43

e2n3-743.zip