Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhobosKosmos

Multiplayer (PC version)

If this is a hella frequenty posted topic then by all means put it in post-hell:

I was thinking about some time ago when I heard about a multiplayer test at E3 or an E3 related expo. Will the PC final have any type of multi? Lan, internet .....? I know the xbox will have good multiplayer stuff, co-op deathmatch etc.

Also I heard from a friend of mine *cough* that he was runnig the Radeon 9800 128 pro with 512mb PC333, P4 2.8 /w 800mhz fsb, that he got the alpha at about an average of 60 fps. But i guess thats old news.

Rant, rant, rant..........

One more thing i just noticed: the faqs for the Doom 3 forums says the the xbox version is a port, isn't it not a port? Thats what i read in an article on the xbox version. {while your mother shakes her finger at you violently}.....

The PC version will have multiplayer, afaik online (client-server) and LAN. Gametype: deathmatch. If I remember it right, Splash Damage (makers of the RtCW: Enemy Territory) work on the multiplayer maps of Doom3.
No co-op for the PC version, unfortunately.

Tetzlaff's right.

PhobosKosmos said:

One more thing i just noticed: the faqs for the Doom 3 forums says the the xbox version is a port, isn't it not a port?

Depends on your definition. The game has been in development for the xbox parrallel with the PC version for a while now, so I guess you could say it was developed specifically with the xbox in mind, instead of just being a straight port of the PC version.