Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DEMOn

What's the most expensive thing you've bought on Ebay / Amazon?

So far, I've only puttered away a few bills... but I imagine some of you have bought a computer or something.
You can find some rare and interesting things there... among the trash(especially international stuff -- I'm a music collector)

What's the most expensive thing you've bought on eBay / Amazon?
(and if somehow you don't know what these are: http://www.ebay.com/ // http://www.amazon.com/ )

Hah, I've never bought anything. I was going to buy an mp3 player on ebay, even placed a bid, but little did I know I'd have huge problems with Paypal. After finally doing everything they required, the account was still restricted, and I couldn't even cancel it. That's my ebay experience.

As for Amazon, I can only buy books there (they don't deliver other goods to my location), but they just get too expensive and are not worth ordering unless I _really_ want to have one.

Paypal is just wrong; I could never trust that. You give them ALL you info... it is as if it is their account, but your money.
My first experience was similar to yours... about 3 years ago, I bid on a couple things and lost... then lost interest in it.

I don't understand why people outside of the US would rather receive cash(US currency) than an international draft.

I've bought books on Amazon... nothing (individually) too expensive, I think. And also The DOOM Collector's Edition. Never bought anything from eBay, though.

Ct_red_pants said:

New Zealand (AUS) $50

I assume that's meant to mean you brought something from NZ worth $50 AU? or you brought nz for $50 AU...

Most I've paid for an online auction is $70(NZ).

I bought my current PC (£550 / $900 or so), various PC components (newer graphics card, second hard drive), Playstation, PS2, Gamecube and a few games and books via eBay. In total, I've bought 25 items over a 3 year period, and I've only had a negative experience once.

I've not used Amazon as much, although I did recently buy eight novels (four of which formed a 1,200+ page hardback omnibus) for under £25 / $40.

If you live in the UK, I highly recommed play.com. Cheap as heck games (brand new console games cost £30 there, as opposed to the £40 most shops charge), DVDs (I got a Futurama box set for £14.99!), albums, etc. I just bought Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Resident Evil 0 from there for under £23.

everything ive bought on ebay:

20 inch viewable monitor: 180 refurbished
2 PSB Alpha T Speakers: 380 dollars new
Denon AVR2803 receiver: 580 dollars new
a cd by Speedy J: 10 dollars good condition

plan on buying shit for my car audio system sometime soon with graduation money. that'll cost me about 1000 dollars total probably

$65 US, for buying a used copy of Xenogears from Amazon. Came in perfect condition, so that's the best $65 I've ever spent.

over $50 for some out of print music.

Since I've never had a credit card of checking account, I've never been able to buy anything online. I do get a bunch of gifts from Amazon though. Dunno how much it all cost. My mom got me a used version of Skinny Puppy - The Process though, which is awesome because I'm beginning to think you cant buy Skinny Puppy from anybody anywhere. Everyone I know who has tried to order a Skinny Puppy album from somewhere has never recieved it.

Danarchy said:

Everyone I know who has tried to order a Skinny Puppy album from somewhere has never recieved it.

Heh, actually I think the only CD that got "lost in the mail" when I ordered online was a SP cd... Although I did order it right before 9/11, so I suppose the mail system could have been slightly disrupted.

I was going to buy a forehead protector back in August, but my mom wasn't comfortable at all with giving out her credit card number, no matter what. I tried again in December for christmas, but, she still refused. :( The item was about $40 American, and I was paying for it myself. (I'd give her the money for paying for it.) I still wish I could have gotten it, but I am saving my money up now. :D

wildweasel-r3000 said:

$65 US, for buying a used copy of Xenogears from Amazon. Came in perfect condition, so that's the best $65 I've ever spent.

Man, I have that game, I used to play that everyday until one day, I was pretty far, and then it just froze, at one part, it would always freeze (I was Fei and in some ship prision or something, and when I went down a hallway in a place, it would freeze and go really slow.) I was so sad. :( I have yet to restart playing it again.

Planky said:
...or you brought nz for $50 AU...

Bow before your new master. From this day onwards, your country is now known as 'lord of the rings land!'

heh. Now I see why you need one. (j/k!)

a worthy puchase. I wish you luck procuring the funds.

DEMOn said:

heh. Now I see why you need one. (j/k!)

a worthy puchase. I wish you luck procuring the funds.

I do need one, to go on in life! (Okay, not really, but I really want one. :D)
I find it a much worthy purchase, I have more than enough for several of them, but I am saving my money for a more just cause. :D

I bought the Hollow Years (Dream Theater) import single, still in its original seal and all. It came out to $70 total if I remember right.

Heh, I'd spend even more for the rare fan club releases of Dream Theater's cds.

Online, the most expensive thing I've bought is probably the graphics card I bought a couple of months ago (and died last week). I bought a bass guitar off ebay last year which was quite expensive (but cheap for a bass) - the seller shipped it from the other side of the country and when it turned up it was in something like 5-6 layers of protective padding.

Deathknights - hexen expansion pack - $5.00

And that's the only thing I've ever bought on ebay.

ravage said:

Deathknights - hexen expansion pack - $5.00

Don't you mean Deathkings?