Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MasterOFDeath

IS there a Legacy WCF file?

I am wanting to know if there is a Legacy WCF file for WadAuthor somewhere that I can use. I have checked the Legacy web site, and have found no such file. Does anyone know of one that I could download?

Yes there is. Unfortunately, I lost the one I had. Try PM'ing ToXiCFLUFF, he made one. So did Ebola, but I dont know which one is more comprehensive.

OK thanks! while I am thinking about it, how do you make a WCF file? I have tried before but WadAuthor uses some kind of confusing code on the linetype numbers that you have to use. Can someone help me figure it out?

I have one, but I forgot who gave it to me... someone on Doom Connector.

I don't know how to make them either, but I've edited them. I made one more my megawad that renamed some sprites and line types accordingly... heheh.

It uses HEX code, open windows calculator, go into scientific mode, type in the number of the lineef/object, then click on the radio button for HEX, and you will get the number to use in the WCF file, for the other values, refer to entries that are in there already

Not really, the legacy docs will tell you!, for instance 3D floors is linedef 422 or something like that, simply convert 422 into hex and make an entry

sorry about this late reply, havent been online in a few days. Thanks for the help. I didn't think of the code being just HEX, I normally would of spotted that almost immediatley. Oh well. Oh, and the 3DBlock linetype is 281 :P.

MasterOFDeath said:

sorry about this late reply, havent been online in a few days. Thanks for the help. I didn't think of the code being just HEX, I normally would of spotted that almost immediatley. Oh well. Oh, and the 3DBlock linetype is 281 :P.

Isn't that what it is in the WCF?

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Isn't that what it is in the WCF?

He was refering to:

deathbringer said:

Not really, the legacy docs will tell you!, for instance 3D floors is linedef 422 or something like that, simply convert 422 into hex and make an entry