Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

The /newstuff Chronicles #181

Ty Halderman said:

I doubt I'll be able to get to the site until after I return from vacation on Monday, so Newstuff may have to take a week off as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

Ty Halderman said:

I tried to send this to news@doomworld.com but got a "full mailbox" error so I'll just post it here...

The address forwards to several other mailboxes, and if any one of them is full you'll get an error back. It doesn't mean nobody else got it. I know I got it.

Dethtoll said:

i rather enjoy it. it actually makes me think of one of the tracks on the CD audio portion of the original blood... at first. then it turns into something that makes me think of silent hill 1. nice job.

Thank you. As for the Blood inspiration, I was inspired by the midi's in blood (especially the one from the first level on episode 3... my favorite episode) but a lot of it was my own personal influences too. Tormentor asked for some blood-esque music, so I delivered, what I considered to be, a suitable resault :).

:Edit: I'm a bit unknowledgable about HTML tags, this took a while to get the quote right :D.

Brains was good. Nothing special but it spooked me a bit, especially in that forest. :)

l3xu5 said:

I was inspired by the midi's in blood (especially the one from the first level on episode 3... my favorite episode)

episode 2 is my favourite. there's something very sad and gloomy about that episode.

actually, my favourite is actually the cryptic passages one. the levels are amazing, and very well done, even better than the original episodes'.

If only it would run on my computer, which just happens to be much too fast.

Ichor said:

If only it would run on my computer, which just happens to be much too fast.

ugh, i know. if i wanna play blood still, i have to drag out my old PC.

The original Blood plays just fine (except the reverb bug where I have to go to DOS to play some areas). It's just Cryptic Passage that has the problems.

My evil sound card and the fact that I can't boot to DOS on my Win98SE box both prevent me from playing Blood on this computer. Thank goodness I got most of my enjoyment out of it. Man, burning stuff is so cool.

Amen to that :D. I've got a duel Boot system with WinXP and Win98SE. Was there ever a way to eradicate that reverb bug? Never played criptic passage and I only got sop far on Episode 4 on the original... it's been a while and I loved the atmosphere on tha game... too bd it was a cracked copy so I couldn't see the cutscenes or listen to the CD music... Gonna try and hunt it down on Ebay methinks :).

Plus, the maps were cool this week, loved the atmosphere in City of the Damned, felt so much like Blood... cool stuff :D. Gonna have to create my own level with those blood textures ;).

I couldn't eliminate it, but I could minimize the effects by simply avoiding the biosuit and reflective shots. There is one map where that simply cannot be done, so I'd just go to DOS mode until I pass that area. Then go back to Windows and continue playing.