Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
purist

Secret exits

I've been trying to include a secret exit/level on a WAD but it doesn't seem to work. I'm using WadEd to create Doom2 maps and WadCat to batch them into one wad. I can make a switch with the 'Exit, secret level' tag and assumed that during play it would transport you to one of Doom2's secret levels (MAP35?) but instead it just repeats the level. Your weapons, health, ammo and armour are carried over as if it was a new level.

Any ideas anyone?

I don't know much about this, but I will try.

I am sure that the secret exit only works in map15 and map31. Map15 exits to map31, and map31 exits to map32.

Other than that, I don't know. And I am not sure if what I said is true, or will help.

purist said:

I've been trying to include a secret exit/level on a WAD but it doesn't seem to work. I'm using WadEd to create Doom2 maps and WadCat to batch them into one wad. I can make a switch with the 'Exit, secret level' tag and assumed that during play it would transport you to one of Doom2's secret levels (MAP35?) but instead it just repeats the level. Your weapons, health, ammo and armour are carried over as if it was a new level.

Any ideas anyone?

The secret exit only works on Maps 15 and 31 if you are using Doom2.exe or most of the simpler source ports. On all other maps they just restart the level.

There are 2 solutions:

1. Put the map with the secret exit in Map15 and if you are making an episode adjust everything else accordingly
2. Use a source port that allows customization of level links. ZDoom can do it and I think Eternity can as well (with different means) but everything else will not.