Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

doom III rated "E"

heh, would be a terrible day for doom.

however at work a memo stated "doom 3 is expect to be rated "E"...." 2 days later a correction notice.

AndrewB said:

Most of the best games ever made are rated E.

Sheesh, the sky is blue.

(usually)

the only games besides FPSs that are good i can think of are mario and a few RPGs, GTA isnt any of those but has an M rating. hey why not compile a list of "E" games that are good? just to pass time of course.

I would be serverely dissapointed if it turned out to rated E.

I agree with andrew, but doom CANNOT be toned down in any way!
We want blood and guts! This is no classy horror of the type that REALLY disturb the shit out of you, this is just gore and slasher-style horror. The kind that doesent really scare you, except for the shock factor. Thats what makes it fun. To tone it down would be lethal to the game.

Titles rated E - Everyone have content that may be suitable for persons ages 6 and older. Titles in this category may contain minimal violence, some comic mischief and/or mild language.

No way that the content of the xbox (and therefore the PC) would be rated E. Or the whole rating is just crap.

Sephiroth said:

heh, would be a terrible day for doom.

however at work a memo stated "doom 3 is expect to be rated "E"...." 2 days later a correction notice.

Source?

I can confidently say that Doom 3 will not be rated E.

oh come on!

6 year olds see that stuff all the time at day-care! Why not have it in a more realistic game?

@_@ too much crack...

but really, kids could handle blood and gore if we brought them up to be used to it... (animal sacrafices anyone? bwahahahaha!)

foamy rules!

Jehar, you are screwed up lol (j/k). Don't really think the new Doom 3 would be appropriate for kids under 12. I mean, some local kid tried to shoot a girl in his KINDERGARTEN class because she kicked him. I don't really care to see some little 1st grader running around with a chainsaw...I know it would probably never happen but something about this game doesn't seem like it would affect kids the same way it affects us.

S1lent said:

Jehar, you are screwed up lol (j/k). Don't really think the new Doom 3 would be appropriate for kids under 12. I mean, some local kid tried to shoot a girl in his KINDERGARTEN class because she kicked him. I don't really care to see some little 1st grader running around with a chainsaw...I know it would probably never happen but something about this game doesn't seem like it would affect kids the same way it affects us.

I played Duke3d and the Doom Series at age 5.

:)

I hope doom3 will be rated E, that would give them a broader audience and more money to id.

Anders said:

I hope doom3 will be rated E, that would give them a broader audience and more money to id.

but kids that shouldnt be playing it will. then their parents get mad, and they go back to the store, yell at the owner, then get angry at id software and write hate mail to them, saying that they're the cause of violence in teens and children in the world, etc.

The game should be and will be rated "M" for mature, 17+.

Skeletor said:

The game should be and will be rated "M" for mature, 17+.

Then kids that shouldnt be playing it will. then their parents get mad, and they go back to the store, yell at the owner, then get angry at id software and write hate mail to them, saying that they're the cause of violence in teens and children in the world, etc.

In other words, that will happen no matter what the rating is. Still, I fully expect this to be rated M.

i dont think kids are 17+ years old. yeah i know what you mean. there are parents out there who care what their teen kid buys even when they might be 18 years old.

The game industry, and especially Hollenshead from id advocate the use of the ESRB ratings, and if D3 is an M rating, and id had to sell the game themselves, i dont think they would sell it to kids under 17.

I'm sure they'll find a way to get their hands on it, even if it means playing it on their father's computer late at night. But yes, the stores are reasonably effective at enforcing the ratings.

...remembers that old COPPA argument we had a while ago...

BlackFish said:

I played Duke3d and the Doom Series at age 5.

:)

Wolfenstein was my babysitter.

I can never forget that day, my mom hosted a dinner for social workers and their kids came.

I didn't have any clue on how to entertain them so I put on Doom 2, level 20. I was assuming they were having fun and like I was teaching them the tricks and trades, until their parents came.

They acted like doom was satan himself and like were acting like their child almost had a near death experience. Saying stuff like, "Are you okay?", or "was this boy rough on you?"

Needless to say, I never saw those kids again.