Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Scripted Marines to Match a Player

I noticed in Cyb's "Void" a marine in the starting scene always had the player's color. I want to know how I can make a script marine match the player's color and skin. How do I do this?

Really? It's that simple? Nice. Now if only there was a Thing_SetSkin. Time to seek the wiki.

EDIT: Well I couldn't find anything there. I guess I'll just wait for a reply.

EDIT2: -1 on Thing_SetTranslation doesn't set it to P1's color. It made the marine green instead of red like I had. I want it to match whatever the player's color is.

Those seem to have produced the same effect as -1. I guess this command sets invalid translation numbers to this effect.

Ah, I forgot about the fact you have to make it an enter script to make it work. -1 takes the translation of the thing activating the script. (and as I use the default green, I didn't pick this up)

0 just removes any translations on a thing, so it reverts to it's normal colours.

Thank you Ultimate Doomer. I'll go test this.

EDIT: That worked perfectly. Thank you much. Now I just need to find a way to change the marine's skin to match the player's. Enjay told scripted marines to use a specific skin in his Marine Assault map. Perhaps using a -1 variable there might make it work too, but I have no idea what scripting function he used.

cyber-menace said:

Enjay told scripted marines to use a specific skin in his Marine Assault map.

Did I?

I don't think I did. From memory, all the marines you see in game are just dehacked monsters - not the Zdoom scripted marines.

The marines that come in at the end are set to use the same colour translastion as your own personal preference, but I didn't set them to change skin.

Hmm? I could have sworn I heard someone mention you used something to make them change skins. I found a script that did as much in the Wiki, but there's no way I see to tell it to match the player.